Red Dead Redemption may be coming to PC after all – rumour

Monday, 12th May 2014 19:35 GMT By Sherif Saed

A listing of Red Dead Redemption has been found in a database maintained by Microsoft to help in determining application compatibility with its various operating systems.

reddead1027

The listing was discovered by a GAFer today and it shows the cover of the game with various compatibility statuses for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

Reading the FAQ of the database, it appears that in order for a product to be deemed compatible, Microsoft considers several aspects such as the product passing the Windows certification requirements and receiving a logo, something which appears to apply to Red Dead Redemption in this case.

Furthermore, reading the partner’s submission page, it mentions that the app can only appear on the list either by a developer submission or by Microsoft testing, and that qualifying submissions will be published in the Windows Compatibility Center,” all of which apply to the game here.

Back in July of last year, Rockstar was hiring a graphics programmer to bring its latest titles to the PC platform, despite the official word from Take-Two and Rockstar since the game’s release being that neither of them have any plans for a PC version.

Thanks, CVG.

1. _LarZen_

This for the PS4…for the love of God. Make it so.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Darkfield

Where do I pre-order!?

#2 7 months ago
  3. Rockstar Vienna

@_LarZen_

Oh yeah! O_O

#3 7 months ago
  4. Rockstar Vienna

Edit:
    But i think there’s already a new Red Dead for the PS4/XBone in development.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Screw the PS4 version, i want PC with mod support. Glorious.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Erthazus

Imagine mods for this thing and FULL 1080p 60 FPS.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Blue Rose

ha ha ha that’s what i’m talking about

#7 7 months ago
  8. Sethos

I believe you can submit anything to them and they will basically let anything through, I believe it’s a fake submitted by some random user.

#8 7 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

I believe it when I see it. That game with proper optimization and mods would be a dream on PC.

#9 7 months ago
  10. silverstorm

I’d rather they make a new red dead. But a PC port wouldn’t hurt either, it would give me a reason for a 4th replay, with 60 fps and nice gfx.

#10 7 months ago
  11. silkvg247

PC, optimized, will buy.

#11 7 months ago
  12. deathm00n

Can’t wait to play this on PC too!

#12 7 months ago
  13. FlyBoogy

Got a 360 for GTA5 last year so I got my self RDR as well and I have to say its one overhyped boring turd of a game…

#13 7 months ago
  14. naffgeek

Favourite game ever. Would buy a PC version in a heartbeat.

#14 7 months ago
  15. TERMINATOR-SSD

i would rather have this on PC than GTA V. with mod support…oh GOD make it so PLEASE

#15 7 months ago
  16. Tormenter

How many years after the fact?

Why should we care, or shell out for it for that matter? It seems to be the trend of the companies these days. Deny the PC market a timely release of games until they need a secondary money stream from their old products.

If I want it I’ll pirate it… Give us timely releases of new games and I’ll pay, other than that… Fuck off.

That being said, I have no interest in this anyway.

#16 7 months ago
  17. spoffle

@Erthazus what exactly is “full” about 1080P?

#17 7 months ago
  18. undermyrules

@spoffle 1080p= full hd dont worry console gamers you will learn that now that ps4 can handle it…we know this stuff from 2005/6 but we are pc elitist.

#18 7 months ago
  19. Reddpayn

Amazing game. Its a shame if somebody has missed this 3-year old piece of art. Euphoria engine is the best ragdoll engine in the world :)

#19 7 months ago
  20. spoffle

@undermyrules except that if 1080P is “full” what do I call the 7680×1440 res I play at then? You’ve wrongfully assumed that I don’t play PC games for some weird reason.

#20 7 months ago
  21. undermyrules

@spoffle thats 8k res like i said you have lot to learn

fullhd= 1920×1080=1k
    2k= 2560 × 1440
    4k= 3840 × 2160=UHD=ultrahd
    8k=7680×4320=UHDx2

#21 7 months ago
  22. WaspHUN

@undermyrules
    Quick correction:
    ullhd= 1920×1080=1k //Nope, that is 2K
    2k= 2560 × 1440 //That’s 2,5K
    4k= 3840 × 2160=UHD=ultrahd
    8k=7680×4320=UHDx2 //The difference is actually 4 times (8.3 Mpx vs 33.1 Mpx)

#22 7 months ago
  23. spoffle

@undermyrules no, no I don’t. He never said “full HD” he just said “full 1080P” as if there is another 1080P that isn’t full, it’s also amusing that you’re insisting I need to learn, then go on to get all the resolutions wrong. How awkward for you.

1080P isn’t 1K,it’s 1080P.

2K is 2048×1080
    2560×1440 is QHD
    3840X2160 is UHD
    4096×2160 is 4K
    7680×4320 is UHD-2
    8192×4320 is 8K

Why don’t you educate yourself before making assinine assumptions and telling people they need to learn more?

#23 7 months ago
  24. undermyrules

@spoffle talking about gaming monitor resolutions not proffesional camera like Nikkon cannon res….LOL can you find me a monitor with 4096×2160….hmmm no thats 3840X2160 is 4k…..again you failed and tried to be a smartass….i dont have time for this have a nice day.

#24 7 months ago
  25. unknown_gamer

Its not happening ..

#25 7 months ago
  26. RoboJesus

Yeah, it’s not happening.

#26 7 months ago
  27. deathm00n

Of course it’s fake people, no one saw my link? It’s a link for the same site, wich lists fucking Pocahontas for GameBoy as compatible with 8.1

#27 7 months ago
  28. Panthro

@deathm00n ]

OMG so could Pocahontas for Gameboy finally be seeing a Windows port?
    Been wanting to play that game at 60fps 1080p for ages!

#28 7 months ago
  29. spoffle

@undermyrules It’s adorable that you’re so unsure of what you’re talking about, that you’re calling others out on what they’re saying.

Why don’t you look it up? Also why don’t you look up 4096×2160 monitors, as you have CLEARLY not even bothered, being so sure of yourself that you think you don’t need to. There ARE 4096×2160 monitors and these are 4K as 4K is in reference to 4 thousand horizontal pixels. 3840×2160 ISN’T 4K because 3840 isn’t 4000.

4096×2160 also isn’t a professional camera resolution, it is a resolution used in cinemas that use 4K projectors, and is twice that of 2K. 3840×2160 is close to 4K, but it’s not 4K, it’s UHD. The same way that 1920×1080 (FHD) is close to 2K (2048×1080) but isn’t classed as it.

#29 7 months ago