Diablo 3 Xbox One spotted on retail sites, Blizzard responds

Wednesday, 15th January 2014 10:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Diablo 3 is coming to PS4, but little has been said regarding a possible Xbox One release. The game has appeared on a few retail sites for Microsoft’s console, and Blizzard has since responded.

Following a reader’s tip, Eurogamer checked out the Argos online store, where Diablo 3 Xbox One is listed for £62.99. It followed a now-removed listing for the game on Best Buy Canada’s store.

Responding to the matter, Blizzard said in a statement, “One of our goals is to bring Diablo 3 to as many players as possible, but we don’t have any other platform announcements to share at this time.”

That’s not a ‘no.’ But this could be a slip-up. We’ll keep an eye on it for the time being.

Meanwhile, why not check out our Diablo 3 PS4 and Reaper of Souls interview?

1. Hcw87

Sony has some kind of deal with them obviously, just like they had on PS3.

#1 8 months ago
  2. gamereck36

Hey if MS can do it so can Sony.

#2 8 months ago
  3. bradk825

Their non-answer has been featured on their web site for quite some time. I sent them an email telling them that even a maybe for be nice, and the brush-off style answer was something I found rude to all the long-time Diablo fans waiting for the news.

They said “Thanks for your feedback.” That is all.

So I don’t expect an annoucement any time soon on this, yes, no and maybe all off-limits it seems.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

Expect a 360 styled announcement for the Xbox One.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Chewy

@3 I understand your frustration and that you feel like Blizzard is being a bit rude to all Diablo players, however, they’re looking at it from a business stand point.

If they said yes, then they would have to see it happen, and if they couldn’t all the sue happy people would go after them for whatever reason (Only one would be false advertising, but if it’s not “Advertised” but
    “spoken” I could see them getting away with it.) and it would be a big waste of time and money. Not to mention the amount of peeve’d people there would be.

If they said no, again, people wouldn’t be too happy.

Finally, the maybe. I, myself, don’t want to see “maybe”. Look at Starcraft: Ghost. That was a “Maybe” and now it is in limbo “indefinitely”. I’d rather them not comment until they have their ducks in a row.

Don’t worry, I’m also hoping to here good news too, because I enjoyed D3. I can’t compare LoD And D3, but at least they’re from the same company and concept :)

#5 8 months ago
  6. OlderGamer

If you like D3, and I do, you should try TitanQuest: Immortal Throne. It is a much better game imo. It is bigger, allows you to combine two “classes” to form some very unique builds, had some very cool Greek Mythology tie ins, has a great Charm/aritifact system(something similar to D2s gems, but better), has 6 player online, and has seen me sink collectively well over 600hours into it.

I own D3 on PC and XB360. I will be purchasing it on my PS4. However it plays more like an amped up Gauntlet than much else. TQ:IT is a much better game. Then again so is Exile, but I think TQ:IT is better then that too.

TQ:IT ran me 4usd in the last Steam sale, so I bought and handed out several copies. Mostly the same group of devs that did TQ:IT are currently working on Grim Dawn, also looking extremely good.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Delsin Row

microsoft and his fans dont deserve to play this game on shitbox one

#7 8 months ago
  8. Moonwalker1982

For such ridiculous comments you don’t deserve to even play games idiot.

#8 8 months ago
  9. Ilovesony

sounds like a short term exclusive clause to me….

#9 8 months ago
  10. Pytox

@6 and grim dawn on steam :)

#10 8 months ago