The Elder Scrolls Online video details character progression

Tuesday, 3rd December 2013 20:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Elder Scrolls Online has a new video detailing the systems players will use to build the character they want to play and explore Tamriel with. Have a look at character progression in action below. ESO is currently in beta and upon release will launch on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

1. GrimRita

Sounds all very generic. I guess with it coming to consoles as well, it has to be

#1 10 months ago
  2. fearmonkey

I can say that after playing the game, I am soooooo looking forward to it, it’s better than I expected.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

Having done the same thing I can say I am soooooo going to ignore it.

#3 10 months ago
  4. The_Red

Seriously? You are the first person I’ve seen that didn’t hate their time with beta / pre-release version.

#4 10 months ago
  5. TheWulf

I’m not surprised people hate it. It’s completely generic, the visual aesthetic is horrible (the non-human races look dessicated and undead), it has the usual vertical progression grind that I imagine many MMO gamers are just getting sick and tired of now, and pretty much every standard MMO staple imaginable.

Even Wildstar looks less generic than this.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Darkfield

@5 What? WildStar is NOT generic. It has a comical approach and it looks fun and I’m really hoping someone get me an invite because my luck with getting into this game’s beta is rather heartshattering.

PS: *cough-cough* HI PB mah brotha! wink-wink /poppyeyes

#6 10 months ago
  7. fearmonkey

@4 – I tried pretty much all the options and I found that once you got into the world and experienced it, it felt like an elder scrolls game. It took at least an hour to enjoy it but I did actually like the game, and I wasn’t expecting to.

I have long been a MMO player and Long been a Elder Scrolls fan, so I know what to expect of both. When in first person it felt like a TES game, in third person it felt very much like a MMO.

The game isnt going to be multiplayer Skyrim like some people want, but its a fun game and I enjoyed my time with it. So much so that I was sad when I got kicked out when the beta ended.

#7 10 months ago
  8. dsr

Most important question. Can you see your body and legs when you look down in 1st person?

#8 10 months ago
  9. foofly

@7 A multiplayer version of Skyrim is exactly what I want. This game looks utter tosh.

#9 10 months ago