Bayonetta petition hopes to bring original game to Wii U

Monday, 25th November 2013 12:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Bayonetta 2 may be a Wii U exclusive, but fans are clamouring for the original to release on Nintendo’s console. It does make sense, if you think about it.

Operation Dead Angels was launched on NeoGAF, and looks to highlight the desire of Bayonetta fans explicitly to Nintendo.

It was inspired by these tweets from Platinum Games’ Hideki Kamiya last week:

The campaign thread on NeoGAF provides relevant links and Twitter accounts ripe for spamming, in order to prove there’s an appetite for the original Bayonetta on Wii U.

As a side note, Bayonetta was the only game I awarded 10/10 at review in the last generation, back when I felt that giving numbered scores to games was actually of any value. Fancy that.

What do you make of the campaign?

Via Nintendo Life.

1. persianwolf

i think Bayonetta 2 Wii U is the biggest mistake that Platinum Games doing! this game can do so much better on 7th gen consoles or PS4/X1 ! what do u thing dave ?

#1 5 months ago
  2. mistermogul

Or they could include the original with the sequel for double loveliness!

@1 – It’s funded by Nintendo, it’s not coming to PS/Xb, get over it.

#2 5 months ago
  3. absolutezero

It would not have been made if it was not for Nintendo.

So it might really have been a better game on less powerful consoles, fine thats fair enough but then it would have not have been a game in the first place.

Really the people complaining about this just strike me as the same people that disparage console exclusive games and hardware for the system they don’t own. So yes it will sell less than the first Bayonetta and yeah thats pretty depressing for such an amazing game. I am happy that Bayo 2 is a thing and it exists and Platinum are getting paid either way. They deserve so much more. The Wonderful 101 is an amazing huge game full of hidden nuggets of joy.

I would love to see a Bayo port on the Wii U, I would buy that instantly, it would sit proudly next to my signed Kamiya PS3 copy and my Climax Edition 360 copy.

Also Udon have translated the Bayonetta Art Book and its slated for release at the end of December, its hardback and comes with a DvD.

#3 5 months ago
  4. monkeygourmet

Can’t wait for B2 on Wii U. Looks amazing so far. Not fussed about B1 as I already have it on 360, but I guess it would be nice for people who missed out.

I’d rather see a PC version tbh.

#4 5 months ago
  5. absolutezero

Well buy Metal Gear Rising when it comes out and then start pestering Kamiya about PC ports.

He likes that.

#5 5 months ago
  6. zoopdeloop

Wii U has a few true gems and Bayo 2 is definitely one of them,come Monolith project X and i’m buying that bad boy

#6 5 months ago
  7. Project Siren

#7 5 months ago
  8. The_Red

Well, this would be great for Wii U owners but I personally hope something happens along the line that affects Bayo 2 as well and helps it move to PS4 / Xbox One territory.

Bayonetta is a great franchise and ALL gamers should be able to enjoy it whether they have Sony, Nintendo or MS consoles.

#8 5 months ago
  9. Unknown_Gamer

wait a second , so he is approving a Wii U port for the first Bayo and at the same time making trivial excuses about the PC version being not made for ages , Kamiya you are the biggest lair for doing this and we know that you hate PC gaming .

#9 5 months ago