Fallout 4 trademarked by Bethesda in Europe

Sunday, 17th November 2013 23:41 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Fallout 4 is looking more and more likely thanks to yet another piece of evidence suggesting a reveal might be on the way.

Bethesda has trademarked Fallout 4 in Europe, which is of course a sound business move at any time – but it’s interesting that the publisher has only just decided to get it done, having had the property for years.

Normally we’d sweep it under the rug, but the trademark comes suspiciously close to the appearance of a website which some believe may be a teaser site for a new Fallout game.

Moreover, the Spike VGAs – sorry, VGX – are now just around the corner, and Bethesda has been off Skyrim since wrapping development of its DLC in April.

Last time the publisher said anything about its core studio’s new project, it said it was looking awesome, but had not set a timeframe for reveal.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. GregSolidus

I want to be excited sooooooo badly but after playing New Vegas and Skyrim I came to the painful realization that Bethesda wouldn’t know proper character development if it donkey punched each developer’s mother in the face as they watched. While its nice to have a big world to explore it’s a bit of a sin for an RPG to be filled with such dull and black and white NPCs and companions. That and with Bethesda bent on streamlining RPG mechanics god knows how many skills they’ll remove or roll into each other while allowing you character to be a veritable god with even greater ease than before.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dark

Can’t wait to play it for 200 hours then complain about it on the net!!1

#2 9 months ago
  3. Hcw87

Bethesda didn’t make New Vegas, they made Fallout 3. I personally enjoyed both New Vegas and Skyrim and consider them among the all time great RPG’s of this generation.

Skyrim’s atmosphere and scale is second to none.

#3 9 months ago
  4. yeoung

Hope this one will actually be melee-friendly. Never managed to get too far in Fallout 3 because I didn’t want to use guns.

#4 9 months ago
  5. Beta

I’m very excited for this! I lost A Lot of outside time to FO3.

Though my favourite series is TES. Love the backstory and details of those games, like the planes of Oblivion and the Divines etc. I’m a real geek about that.. :’)

#5 9 months ago
  6. POOhead

@2 lol sums up erth, the guy that soent 200 hours on skyrim and complained about when you loot a rabbit an it has 100 gold ad rubys

#6 9 months ago
  7. GregSolidus

@3 I know they didn’t make New Vegas and it shows, I don’t know why they don’t keep Chris Avellone on staff permanently.

#7 9 months ago
  8. Erthazus

Fallout 3 was such a trash… If they won’t improve their roleplaying system, and everything else then F it.

Fallout:New Vegas did it right. It is a true spiritual successor to Fallout 1-2 with horrible Bethesda’s proprietary engine.

@6, before you say something you should learn how to write properly and I would never spend on that game 200 hours.

#8 9 months ago
  9. POOhead

@8 spilt coffee on my keyboard and keys are all sticky but nice try anyways and if you spent well more then 10 hours on skyrim then you obviously liked it, all you do is cry about the stupidest shit

#9 9 months ago
  10. Telepathic.Geometry

Can’t wait to don some tesla armor and equip a Gauss gun in 1080p… Make that shit happen.

#10 9 months ago
  11. TMRNetShark

My fondest memories of Fallout…

Killing the three Fiends with bounties on their heads. Those messed up motherfuckers didn’t even see the .50 cal HE round coming.

I cannot wait for Fallout 4. Hopefully it will run well on consoles this time around. XD

#11 9 months ago
  12. fihar

The only thing Bethesda is good at is immersion, specifically world-building.

If you’re looking for gameplay and other mechanical stuff, then you’re simply barking at the wrong tree.

#12 9 months ago
  13. Obernox

Fuck me upside-down in a dirty hotel! i hope this is true….

@8 Capital Wasteland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boring Mojave Wasteland(still an excellent game though)

#13 9 months ago
  14. RussellGorall

Hopefully they make it playable on Sony consoles.

#14 9 months ago
  15. soulburner

Fallout 3 had better graphics, they were more atmospheric. Most NPC were dull, it barely had any side quests and the main quest was beyond stupid. Discovering new areas had no reward – most of the time you found no loot, no NPCs, etc.

Fallout New Vegas looked worse graphically and the atmosphere was totally different but the amount of interesting NPCs, countless side quests made the game a lot more interesting and with much more replay value. Each vault had an interesting story, each companion NPC had interesting quests of their own, etc.

Both games were very buggy on release date, so much that they both crashed to desktop quite a few times. I hope it’s better this time.

Both games were also great fun. I also loved Skyrim. But when playing classic RPGs like Baldur’s Gate or Planescape Torment or the original Fallout games you realize the recent Bethesda games are empty and lifeless :P

#15 9 months ago