The Wolf Among Us: Episode One releases on PC, Mac, XBL Friday, PS3 release hits “few days after”

Tuesday, 8th October 2013 17:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Wolf Among Us screenshots have been released by Telltale, showing off its newest digital episodic adventure based on the Fables comic. You can still pre-order the title for 10% off the regular $25/£18.99 price through the developer. Also, once all the digital content is released, you’ll receive the season on disc – if you paid for shipping costs. A Season Passc covering Episodes 2-5 will go on sale October 11 and it will run you $14.99.

The first episode, Faith, releases worldwide on PC, Mac, and Xbox Live this Friday, October 11. The PS3 version will be released through PSN “a few days” after the initial release in both North America and Europe.

1. DSB

This looks insane enough for a preorder, right?

I’m a little wary of Telltale. The Walking Dead blew me away, but that was in part because their other adventures were so halfassed.

Didn’t play Jurassic Park or Back to the Future, but I was kinda sad to have Sam and Max and Monkey Island bore me like they did. Hit the Road was a huge game for me, and there was just none of the charm left.

#1 9 months ago
  2. PEYJ

Does it say anything about the release date on other platforms?

#2 9 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 No. There is no release date but as it states above, it is “expected” sometime this month. We’ll let you know the second we hear anything.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Panthro

Looks dope, I’ll get it when it drops in price a little… maybe $15-$10

I know, im a big sack of shit :’(

#4 9 months ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

Release date is in there now.

#5 9 months ago
  6. TheWulf

I’ve got everything Telltale has put out thus far, and that’ll include this. I’ve pretty much dug everything of theirs, even their initial Bone escapades. It’s definitely not for everyone in the same way that adventure games in general aren’t, but I like them, they always had a certain charm, personality, and warmth. Though it was hard to see that in The Walking Dead sometimes, I think.

This is Telltale with a big, bad wolf, so I’m even more interested. I can’t help but wonder what I’m in for, as Telltale tend to be good at surprising me.

#6 9 months ago