The Crew’s in-game New York City comparable to GTA’s Liberty City in size

Thursday, 12th September 2013 20:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Crew, which is in development at Ivory Tower, will contain a rather large open-world for you to race about in – it does take you across the United States after all, which is a large bit of land.

Speaking with VG247 at gamescom, creative director Julian Garrity used Grand Theft Auto’s Liberty City as an example of how large a city such as New York City will be in the game.

“To give you a sense of size comparison for the cities, and the complexity of the cities, the in-game version of New York City is about the same size as Grand Theft Auto’s Liberty City.”

Sam was able to have a look at the game while he was in Cologne for gamescom. You can have a look at it here.

The Crew will hit PC, PS4 and Xbox One early 2014.

1. ballz

everything sounds so good about this game except for the actual driving or how the car controls, which seem to suck from all the videos ive seen

#1 1 year ago
  2. xxJPRACERxx

“The drive from New York to Los Angeles takes about and hour and a half in a good car, driving along the streets,” Garrity said. “If you go off road, it will take about two and a half hours.”

I LOVE this! I’m a huge fan of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I was waiting for a game where there’s really big distance to cover and would take hours.

I hope there’s endurance challenges/races in the game where you really need to do the N.Y. -> L.A. in one shot with maybe a quick stop for gas!

#2 1 year ago
  3. JimFear-666

and here goes the marketing / pr bullshit from ubisoft.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Pytox

@2 he lol i could play euro truck simulator 2 for some time but it became a nnoying to driver on the same roads lol

#4 1 year ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

@4 I agree, because it’s really really small towns connected with highways, it’s not really open.

That’s why I’m excited for this game! Big towns with openness between them. (from what I understood)

#5 1 year ago
  6. tenthousandgothsonacid

60 fps or GTFO

#6 1 year ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

Pizza with game or GTFO :D

#7 1 year ago
  8. viralshag

I’m really looking forward to this game. Shame it’s not a launch title as I would definitely pick it up.

#8 1 year ago