The Crew is the biggest open world racer ever – video

Thursday, 12th September 2013 20:19 GMT By Sam Clay

Ubisoft’s The Crew is the biggest open world racing game ever. It’s the biggest racing RPG, too. Developer Ivory Tower speaks to VG247.

Gameplay of The Crew so far has showcased the game’s diversity. It has been said that the game will take you from the roads, to the dirt and then to the circuits.

The video above shows off Las Vegas, Miami, New York and the Black Hills.

The Crew is a next-gen exclusive and is out Spring 2014.

1. xxJPRACERxx

I’m not a fan of arcade racers but I really like the concept of this game. I agree with him that you can’t really have an attachment with you car in other games since you constantly change them. I’ll keep this title on my radar.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Pitts

I’m not a fan of racing games, but this certainly makes me want to reconsider!

#2 11 months ago
  3. absolutezero

Fuel

#3 11 months ago
  4. TrickyAudio

When was this announced? Never heard of it until now, looks brilliant.

#4 11 months ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

@4 It was announced at e3 a couple months ago!

#5 11 months ago
  6. II-WAR-STEINER-II

I want Underground 3 nothing anymore

So EA let’s do it

Here is the story

#6 11 months ago
  7. G1GAHURTZ

This looks ok-ish, but I don’t like Ubisoft, one bit.

I’d much prefer to have a next-gen Midnight Club.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Legion

@1 “I agree with him that you can’t really have an attachment with you car in other games since you constantly change them.”

I would have to disagree with that statement. In Forza I had very deep attachment to vehicles in my garage. Due to the extensive upgrading of each vehicle and the ability to paint it to tag it with your own personal style. Vehicles are traded and sold on-line specifically because of their unique paint jobs and such. Attachment to vehicles is huge in some other racers.

With that said… this title does look very attractive and is now on my radar. Will have to see what it really plays like when it gets to market.

#8 11 months ago
  9. xxJPRACERxx

@8 Ha ok, I never had any attachment with any of my cars in Forza 4. I had my favorites but nothing more.

#9 11 months ago