The Walking Dead Season 2 to feature Clementine per Comic-Con panel

Tuesday, 23rd July 2013 20:24 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Clementine will return in the second season of TellTale Games’ The Walking Dead, along with other characters whose fates remain mysterious. Slight spoilers for the first season follow.

During a panel at San Diego Comic Con, as reported by IGN, TellTale confirmed Clementine “will definitely be a part of” the next season. A teaser image was shown which reportedly had Clementine in it, sitting next to an unknown child.

The panel also said that Kenny’s ultimate fate “will be explored”.

GameInformer was also at the panel, and reports TellTale president Kevin Bruner told attendees that the second season will import choices form the first season and 400 Days DLC, despite the fact that the latter seems to be a standalone storyline.

Series creator Robert Kirkman was on the panel, and said he is just as cut about the death of characters as his fans. He’s working with TellTale to figure out if comic character cameos make sense in the second season.

The developer also had a little to share about the first season. Apparently, telltale considered adding an extra dialogue choice during the final conversation between Lee and Clementine at the series’s conclusion – “I love you” – but dropped it due to concerns it distracted from the other choices. Probably true – I certainly wouldn’t have been able to click anything else.

The second season of The Walking Dead is expected to kick off in northern autumn, with a near-simultaneous release on all platforms. The first season is available on iOS, Mac, PC, PlayStation 3, Vita and Xbox 360.

The Walking Dead Season One including The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC episode will be coming to PS Vita on August 20.

1. Lengendaryboss

@Brenna
    Available for PS Vita now? Or available in August via a dedicated bundle?

#1 9 months ago
  2. For Blood

I love you was a choice at the end.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Logion

I figured as much. But it makes me worried since I pretty much taught her that it’s okay to murder and steal.

#3 9 months ago
  4. bradk825

I am excited for this. The last one was awesome. On 3 playthroughs I had a chill when buddy came down the stairs when we were at the supper table, lol. Also (and being vague on purpose just in case of spoilers) the big event at the end of the second-to-last chapter was something I really didn’t see coming. How often does a storyteller do that to the main character?

Can’t wait to see what they do with this next story. I just hope Ben doesn’t come back at all. He was a little too retarded, and it got exasperating cleaning up after him. “Here guys, I found this hatchet holding a door closed.” I should have shoved that hatchet up his ass and fed him to the walkers.

#4 9 months ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

Video of the panel added, post moved up so it wouldn’t get lost.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Hunam

I’ve only played the first episode… but now I’m not sure I can be bothered.

Spoiler fail.

#6 9 months ago
  7. dizzygear

I hope the players choices actually impact the story more in S2. In S1 the “the story get tailored around your choices” blurb was big fat lie since the choices you make do pretty much nothing aside from slightly different dialog.

#7 9 months ago