Assassin’s Creed 4 team “tried at the beginning,” to create naval multiplayer battles

Thursday, 20th June 2013 22:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Assassin’s Creed 4 will be full of sea battles, but you won’t be able to battle other ships in multiplayer.

Speaking with Gamespot, creative director Ashraf Islamil said the team tired it at one point, but it didn’t work out too well.

“Naval multiplayer, unfortunately, we don’t have it,” Ismail said. “It’s something we tried at the beginning, but we didn’t feel we can get it to a good enough level for this iteration.”

So, while that is a shame, at least you will be able to both other ships out of the water in single-player.

Still would have been damn cool, though.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag launches October 29 in North America for PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360. A PC version will release after the console versions, and the game is a launch title for PS4 and Xbox One.

1. monkeygourmet

It’s not like I’ll have to wait long, don’t worry!

Next year it’ll be there in full force!

#1 1 year ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

I just have to read the words ‘Assassins Creed’ and it makes me feel tired.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Battler624

you’d want to replace Ashraf Islamil with Ashraf Ismail

#3 1 year ago
  4. Sanwiches

Are you guys excited by the game? I mean, excited to shoot boats with canons and stuff? I find this so meh.

The only thing I think is interesting is jumping on the other ship, and maybe the pirateh life on land, but other than that… I might’ve never been an Assassin’s Creen fan after the first game.

It’s a bit like COD, they keep the core mechanics, and it lacks challenge, it lacks smth that will keep me addicted to these mechanics, because as of right now it’s just too easy and repetitive.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheWulf

If anyone is genuinely interested in a multiplayer version of this that far, far outdoes AC III both in mechanics and fun, then I’d recommend to you Air Buccaneers. It was made for the Make Something Unreal contest, and to this day, everything else just feels like a weak imitation compared to it. I really liked the sea battles of AC III, but honestly? I like Air Buccaneers more.

You can get it right here for fairly cheapsies.

Yeeeep.

Yep.

If this had been a different IP, they would have had my interest. Hell, they could have even done something genuinely interesting with steampunk or even atompunk pirates (the *punks are so ignored, these days) bu noooooooooo. Ubisoft has to be boring. It’s like they have a fetish for boring or something, and that’s why we haven’t seen Beyond Good & Evil, either.

#5 1 year ago