Star Wars: Battlefront is not Battlefront 3

Thursday, 13th June 2013 22:51 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The DICE-developed Star Wars game isn’t a sequel to previous games in the series – it’s something new.

Speaking to Eurogamer, EA Games boss Patrick Söderlund said the new game is DICE’s own take on the series.

“This is DICE’s interpretation of what Battlefront should be. That’s the best description you can have,” he said.

“There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you’ll recognise and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavour on it. That’s the only way we can do it.

“Hence it’s called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it’s something new. But again, it’s going to be very Star Wars and very cool.”

That’s just about everything we know so far, except that the executive has promised it won’t be a re-skinned Battlefield.

We’re expecting Star Wars: Battlefront on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

1. Gigabomber

I love the new naming conventions: “we want to say it’s something new, so we are naming it the exact same thing as the previous game.”

#1 11 months ago
  2. POOP CRUSTY

@2 Jar jar combat?

#2 11 months ago
  3. Em_ptyskin

but are we still gonna get 1313?

#3 10 months ago
  4. penniman

Oh how confusing. I can’t tell when Microsoft means the Xbox 1 or the Xbox one and now I have to deal with Star Wars Battlefront 1 and plain old star wars battlefront.. Why can’t people make simpler names. Like, put a name at the end of Star Wars Battlefront: (insert name here)..

#4 10 months ago
  5. LTheBlackKnight

I just really hope you can switch between first person and third person like in the previous ones. But knowing DICE though, it’ll be strictly first person…

#5 10 months ago
  6. Kreion

@LT
    It’s confirmed there that it will have a 3rd person camera choice :)

#6 9 months ago
  7. EternalOdyssey

lol I wish this site had a like system, cause #1 you need a like.

I feel like they are game developer hippsters by doing that.

#7 7 months ago