Battlefield 3 DLC free during E3

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 16:13 GMT By Daniel Boutros

EA has decided to throw away the need to charge you for Battlefield 3′s Close Quarters DLC (otherwise costing you $10) during E3 week.

Close Quarters is the second of the BF3 add-on packs, giving you four new maps, new weapons, “Conquest Domination mode.”

If you’re a console-owning peasant, you may log into your Xbox Live or PSN account and find the content described above, readily available for you, at the world’s favorite price.

However, if you are one of the PC-owning master race, you will need to acquire the game through the Origin client using the code “BF3E3″.

If you’re tight on hard drive space and actually need to consider the worth of deleting things to accommodate EA’s generosity, the DLC has a Metacritic of 73%.

The DLC will be free until June 18 or 19. That’s probably depending on where you live. Grab it now, just to be sure.

Thanks, Shacknews.

1. CyberMarco

You can grab Premium for 15$ on Origin and I think 12$ on GMG with coupon. Also probably the base game will be 5$, according to the vote page.

2. BraveArse

Have they sorted out the awful server decisions they made? I.e. is it possible to find and get in to a Dice/ea server running default rules? If it is then I might pick it up again.

3. Bloobat

I can’t seem to find it on the PS3 EU Web store at all, all the other expansions are listed…
    Anyone got any idea’s? Don’t have access to a PS3 at the minute so can’t check on console store but this may be a US only thing?

4. Moonwalker1982

This is odd. I already have it downloaded. But that’s just the update. Is this the mappack?

5. OlderGamer

That is why I stopped p[laying as well Brave. From what I saw they still have “rented” servers, lots of max ticket games that last way too long.

6. BraveArse

@OG it was such a foolish idea. They fragmented the player base beyond repair with it. =(

7. CyberMarco

^ Are you talking about consoles or PC too?

8. Hcw87

Don’t know what you guys are talking about. A short time after the release of the rentable servers, they added lots more DICE servers. I allways find plenty when i search.

Just use the server browser.

9. Moonwalker1982

It works fantastically. I am on 360, and i went to the store and i can download it for free there. Awesome.

10. GrimRita

Love it Daniel. ‘Console owning peasant’ – Just spat out my tea laughing

11. JimFear-666

cant find it on the psn store us.

12. Gizkata

I can’t find it on PC. :(

13. YoungZer0

Is it for europeans too?

14. YoungZer0

Okay, seems to work. All you need to do is start Origin, go to Origin>Redeem Product Code and type in “BF3E3″. Done.

15. backup

Origin another crap PC gamers love just like X1

16. sglmnaz

where, i can’t find close quarters on ps3

17. aseddon130

Xbox link for the website, works fine :)

18. fengato

To those who can’t find it on Xbox and psn – download the close quarters update from the dash, then download the dlc unlock from within the game’s store.

19. DSB

I thought the DLC was the best part about Battlefield 3. I don’t get why something like Close Quarters wasn’t included with the core game. It feels pretty obvious.

BF3 with all of the DLC is also the fattest game I’ve ever seen. Close to (or over?) 40 GB. That’s just not being nice to the SSD crowd.

20. manamana

^ yes, it’s huge. You probably play on PC, but you can throw away some of the downloads as described in an Xbox forum.