Bioshock Infinite’s release is just around the corner, and whether you pre-order it from Steam or Green Man Gaming you’ll come out a winner of sorts.
We’ll start with Steam first.
According to Valve (thanks, PCgamesN), pre-ordering Irrational’s latest will net you some Team Fortress 2 items through a three-tiered reward system with more goodies unlocking as more people drop cash for the game through Steam.
- The Doe-Boy: Protect the important thoughts in your head — ones like “liberty” and “freedom” and “democracy” — with good, honest, hat-shaped American steel. This helmet won’t run (until heated to 2500°F)!
- The Person in the Iron Mask: Turkey? Chicken? Game hens? Your head? This cast iron poultry furnace will smoke anything placed inside it.
- The Pounding Father: Heavy cannot tell lie. Heavy is first President of United States. Of crushing little baby men.
- The Steel Songbird: It gets pretty quiet in that sniper’s nest. Why not treat yourself to the haunting rhythmic symphony of bolts being constantly pooped by this mute, easily terrified incontinent bird?
- The Sydney Straw Boat: Throw this hat on the ground to express rage, or in the air to express joy! Take a hat-based trip through time to learn how your great grandparents displayed emotions in the days before emoticons!
- Vox Diabolus: With this Vox Populi anarchist mask, you can terrify your enemies into thinking you’re the Devil Himself, or worse, a protestor. Either way, they’re probably going to avoid you at the entrance to the supermarket when you try to get them to sign something.
Blind Justice: Want to command respect from people standing at an indeterminate distance from your immediate right? Bolt on a platinum Pinkerton badge and experience the thrill for yourself!
The first tier nets you a free copy of the original Bioshock, and the third tier is a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite through the digital service will net you a copy of the original Bioshock, a second game of your choosing for free out of the following titles: Bioshock 2, Civilization 5, The Darkness 2, Mafia 2 or Spec Ops: The Line.
Both games will be made available once you’ve dropped $59.99 for BioShock Infinite, plus you will also get $15 in Green Man Gaming credit as well as the game’s Industrial Revolution pack. If you already ordered Infinite through Green Man Gaming, you will be given the games retroactively, plus, if you pre-order before noon on Monday, February 25, you will only ghave to pay $49.98 for the game.
That’s quite a bit to take in, so be sure and hit each service’s respective link for more information and clarification.
BioShock Infinite releases on March 26.