BioShock: Infinite season pass announced

Thursday, 21st February 2013 13:05 GMT By Dave Cook

BioShock: Infinite will be the latest member into the season pass club. 2K Games announced the pass this afternoon, and listed some goodies subscribers can expect.

In a statement sent to VG247, publisher 2K Games confirmed that the pass would go on sale from March 26, 2013 and will add around £24 of add-on content for £15.99 on PlayStation Network and PC) or 1,600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE, which is a saving of more than 30%.

The Season Pass will include all three add-on packs. Pre-orders are being taken today through a range of participating retailers.

2K confirmed that the pass would get you the Early Bird Special Pack, which includes four pieces of exclusive gear, a mchine gun damage upgrade, a pistol damage upgrade, a gold skin for both weapons and five Infusion bottles that can improve Booker’s health, defence or Vigor power.

What do you make of the above? Will you subscribe, or are these passes pissing you off?

1. SameeR_Fisher

So what does the Season Pass include again ?!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 I’ve updated with all the details :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. ArcticMonkey

@1 Right? lol

If it’s just weapons and “gear” I’m not interested. On the other hand if we get three downloads of single player/story missions then… *slumps head and shoulders, puts hand out, “Take my money Irrational”

#3 1 year ago
  4. dex3108

Why they have need to ruin game with Season Pass? Why? For God sake can any game today be without Season Pass and DLC?

#4 1 year ago
  5. ArcticMonkey

@4 Season passes may annoy you, but it in no way ruins the game. Let’s not get dramatic.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dave Cook

Simple rule applicable to DLC, pre-order bonuses and season passes:

No one is forcing you to buy them. They’re harmless.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Darth-Bader

“We’ve already made the game but we will sell to you in chunks”

#7 1 year ago
  8. dex3108

I know but after abandoning MP part of the game Irrational and 2K showed that they care for game quality and than they announce Season Pass. I don’t care really because it is optional but i remember days when developers/publishers rewarded buyers with free content and today they want to charge customers for as many things as they can.

#8 1 year ago
  9. KAP

Gamers are such drama queens these days. wow… This won’t take away from you enjoying yourself playing this.

#9 1 year ago
  10. datass

@6 Max Payne 3 wasn’t harmless, every single dlc map was from the single player…
    @7 Exactly like this, they’ve made all maps for MP and then distributed them as DLCs…

This Bioshock season pass is complete bs, they should’ve called it money grabbing whores season pass

#10 1 year ago
  11. Edo

Of course it is.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Samoan Spider

Doesn’t bother me. I like the Bioshock franchise so I will get this. I’m not normally one for season passes though but the Borderlands 2 pass was the last I bought for any game and has been amazing value. If this follows the same path I’ll be happy. But these guys have a lot of goodwill with me based on previous game quality so yeah, I’m in.

#12 1 year ago
  13. ududy

I don’t believe DLCs are always harmless. It is too tempting for Publishers to take out important chunks of content out of the main game and reserve them for the Add-ons.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Max Payne

They made DLC for Bioshock 2 right ?
    So I think its going to be in line with that, I doubt that they will cut the ending or something.

#14 1 year ago
  15. karma

I love Irrational Games, I can barely wait to play BS:I, I don’t even mind 2K since they tend to put out more original games than any other publisher right now. But yeah these season passes are pissing me off. The Borderlands 2 one was the last straw, I felt it was sold under the expectation that the content would be as good as in the original Borderlands, but it wasn’t even close in quality or content value. It was lame as shit tbh, but then this is Gearbox “Bait & switch” Software we’re talking about. Honestly its my own fault I should’ve learned from THQ’s Saints Row 3 season pass, which was also very poor. So never again, from now on they’ll need to work has hard as I have to for my money. I’ll pick up DLC if the reviews say its worth it from now on.

#15 1 year ago
  16. DSB

I’m excited, so I’m worried :P

The worst feeling in the world is when you expect a lot from a game and it just goes in the other direction.

This better be good, Levine!

#16 1 year ago
  17. HauntaVirus

Cut content from the game, then charge for it. Makes sense from a business standpoint. DLC for a single player only game… GTFO.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Bomba Luigi

I find it just Curios. Season Pass normaly is there to sell MP Maps and stuff, and this is a SP only Game.
    But I don’t care, I want that Game and it will be Awesome. Blind trust in Ken Levine here.

#18 1 year ago
  19. SameeR_Fisher

Thanks Dave :D

But like no.#3 said, the adds on are all weapons and upgrades, there is no mention of Story add-on or other levels, so it is a pass for me

#19 1 year ago