GTA 5 second trailer dated for next week

Monday, 5th November 2012 22:07 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Grand Theft Auto 5 will get a new trailer next week, Rockstar has announced at last, answering the fervent prayers of millions.

According to a Rockstar Newswire post, the new trailer is due on Wednesday, November 14, and will appear both on the blog and at the game’s official site.

The trailer was expected this week but was delayed by problems at Rockstar’s New York offices caused by Hurricane Sandy. Having expected a major news update this week, fans were vocal in their disappointment; Rockstar felt the need to issue a stern set down.

Grand Theft Auto 5 launches on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in northern spring 2013; pre-orders are now open.

1. Razor

Hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Super excited.

2. YoungZer0

Will it be as underwhelming as the first one?

3. Giskard

@2 Underwhelming as in showing off a massive world, and an improved graphics engine, and revealing more than the 10 first “teasers” do for a new game?

Yeah, underwhelming is totally the right word.

4. tmac2011

i cant wait!! why do people comment if there not a fan of the game?

5. Erthazus

“why do people comment if there not a fan of the game?”

So you need to be a fan to comment on the game’s thread?

6. YoungZer0

@3: Glad we understand each other.

7. Triggerhappy

@ 6: Why do you always do that?? A lot of the time you’ve got something interesting to say… then you go let yourself down by acting like a complete wank.

Anyway, interested to see what they’ve got to show.

8. Moonwalker1982

Let these people talk. They don’t even seem willing to give Rockstar a chance. Yes GTA IV wasn’t what GTA used to be, but damn if it still wasn’t a damn good game. The fact that the cover story this time around is 18 pages, whereas GTA IV’s was 10 pages, should say something. I think Rockstar is gonna cram this game full of features and possibilities. It’s their most ambitious game yet, that as a huge Rockstar fan makes me very happy to hear that. Really looking forward to the cover story and trailer.

9. YoungZer0

@7: Sarcasm-Sarcasm. I don’t see the problem here.

I didn’t like the trailer. That’s my opinion. The first trailer for GTA V was fucking boring. I watched it at the office with my colleagues and everyone was like “Let’s go back to work, man.”

I have high doubts this trailer will spark any emotions in me.

10. SlayerGT

The first trailer I liked. The most exciting thing in it to me (amidst many others) is the return of 18 wheelers. I don’t know what it is man but I love em. And in the RAGE engine..ugh I can’t wait! If the monster truck returns too I’ll fucking lose it I’m just saying. Or the Cuban Hermes..Or the FBI Rancher. I hope they have some kick ass off road trails.

11. Moonwalker1982

I’m glad as hell that bicycles are back. It was something that was very certain for almost a full year. Cause even though the debut trailer did show one standing next to a wall, this was no indication that we could use them. I’m just glad to be having the countryside again and i’m expecting cool new features too. Can’t wait to see what the cover story is all about.

12. TD_Monstrous69

I liked the first trailer, but it left me wanting tp see more. November 14th, will rember to take a break from Black Ops II, and watch it. Though, I’ve just gotta ask this; am I the only one who finds it kinda dumb that Rockstar’s announcing the release of the next trailer? Sure, I get the reasoning behind it, because of Hurricane Sandy knocking out power to their office, so editing or whatever needed to be done to make it ready couldn’t be finished, I sympathise with them on that notion. But again, trying to build anticipation for a trailer, not the game itself, but a trailer for the game that even if you’re one of those people who just don’t pay attention to games that much will probably get because they know Grand Theft Auto, I mean, doesn’t it just seem kinda ridiculous?

13. Kuwabara

Gta4 is one of the best games ever made/this gen. the campaign was great but once the game is over is when you truly become nico. finding all the unique stunts and jumps, the side missions, races, and the flying rat hunt! and discovering every inch of the map and all the detail that went into the game is amazing.

14. sb319

Ignore the troll, the first trailer was incredible – even more so when you consider that it was in-engine, console footage, 18 months away from release! One fact is certain – Rockstar are extraordinarily good at creating trailers. This time last year the internet went nuts over that first trailer for V. As gamers, these events are a big deal. So hyped for the new one.

15. RoyBrown

The first trailer was pretty boring.

The 2nd trailer will include.

A bunch of guys with intense foreign accents talking about the hard life and the drug business.

No gameplay shown, people running from cops

Black people dancing.

Panoramic beach shots.

And that’s all folk we will give you more news at next years E3 after we delay the game.

I’m more than happy to be wrong, but that just about sums up every GTA trailer ever.

16. Moonwalker1982

Not true though. GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas were quite different from eachother. And so was GTA IV. We are going back to San Andreas though and it clearly will involve several characters this time. It’s all speculation, but we got the older guy in the trailer looking over the city and he appears several times in the trailer. But also other characters appear in the trailer that seem quite important. We all see them back in screenshots too. Right now i’m expecting multiple protagonists. From the side of the guy with dog (in the artwork) it could mean a much poorer life and very gritty. And the guy on the balcony looking over the city clearly lives a much richer life.

These games ARE about the crimelife eventually so there’s no avoiding that several things will remain the same, but i’m expecting this trailer and game to be different in several aspects.