Black Ops: Declassified on Vita will not contain zombies

Saturday, 6th October 2012 21:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Black Ops: Declassified on Vita will not contain zombies, according to Activision.

The reason, according to the firm, is due to the game’s 4v4 online multiplayer taking development priority.

It will contain a Hostilities Mode similar to what players have experienced with CoD games featuring zombies, but players will be up against live humans instead of undead ones.

Declassified is slated for release in November. Via Polygon.

1. Christopher Jack

The slightest bit of interest I had just disappeared.

2. Erthazus

But it will have generic campaign and generic multiplayer with bad graphics for the vita just for 40$+ from the creators of Resistance:BS

3. Christopher Jack

I share similar sentiments as you Erth, I just wouldn’t have typed it like a childish brat.

4. Erthazus

Where are the “childish brat” here? I just wrote what will be in the game.

5. diego-rbb-93

“Is due to the game’s 4v4 online multiplayer taking development priority”

BUT WHAT THE FUCK!? All the maps are recycled copies of the original ones from Black Ops! In what the hell are they taking priority? In cutting levels or textures for the game?

What a shit of dev is Nihilistic, damn! Its true that Activision doesnt give a fuck about the game as they know it will sell high, but that dont justify the bad quality this studio gives to their games. Man, they have a lot of resources having partners like Sony, Activision and the original devs like Insomniac and Treyarch, why damn, why they do so shitty games!?

6. TD_Monstrous69

Boo

7. Dark

I have seen an iPhone games better than this shit
    it is just pathetic how little effort they put into this game.

8. ps3fanboy

the zombie dlc is coming…

let me quote the latest from the Nihilistic camp…

“Only Activision and Sony have the power to greenlight Zombies mode for CoD Vita. We would love to do it if they ask. But its not our call.”

source:

this is activisions, they are gonna double dip your wallet, trust me…

9. jeffb01

dear #2 (Erthazus) – it’s $50, not $40…

10. matirishhh

Another great reason NOT to buy this game…

11. Dragon246

I dont understand what this game tries to accomplish. If anything, the only thing it will accomplish will be pathetic sales at this rate.

12. aseddon130

I noticed the lack of content when the first trailer came up saying ‘Single Player story missions’ instead of full campaign. If they wanted to show off the Vita for what it’s worth this game should have been a carbon copy of the console versions but with lower res graphics and lesser amount of enemies online (which would make sense) … this thing is gonna be like Unit 13, recycle the same maps over and over and just rearrange the order of missions. It was fine for Unit 13 because it was a new unknown game but for a call of duty game this is embarrassing.

The vita version of Black Ops 2 was the only one i was interested in as i am bored of CoD now. Suppose i’ll just stick with Assassins Creed 3 and NFS Most Wanted and hope for the best.

13. Lord Gremlin

It’s a $20 DLC, stupid. Activision, Activision never changes.

14. Timurse

It would be a superfail if the game wouldn’t look like this or THIS.

15. Dave Cook

I saw it at gamescom first-hand and I thought it looked terrible. An utter hatchet job that embodies the weak handheld ports of old. I genuinely thought we were past those kind of practices.

I guess I was wrong, and that’s sad because I genuinely love Black Ops on consoles.

16. DrDamn

I think distinct missions rather than a full campaign is exactly what they need to do in a hand held FPS. It was one of the things which worked very well in Unit13. That said it needs to be done well, and by all accounts this doesn’t sound like it does much well.