Watch the first 10 minutes of The Walking Dead: Episode 2

Wednesday, 27th June 2012 18:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Walking Dead Episode 2 released on Xbox Live today, and Sam Clay decided to give it a go and show you the results. How well did he do in the first 10 minutes? Find out below the break. Episode 2 will release on PC and through the US PS Store on Friday. The game will release on PSN in Europe “ASAP,” once whatever is holding it up is killed with fire.

1. Golden

Finished episode 2, excellent stuff telltale. However, it felt that all choices were bad choices which I suppose is fitting but still a real downer.

2. DSB

Is it really as good as people say? At this point I’m pretty skeptical about Telltale games.

3. Sadismek

@2 I’m too tired to write an entire review on this to convince you but yes. It’s really good. You should definitely try it.

4. YoungZer0

@2: I really, really dislike Telltale Games … games, but this so different. They just get everything right. Everything. You care about the character and you really have to make a lot of tough decisions that already made some impact in the first episode. The writing is solid as are the voiceactors and the visual style really fits the game.

So, yes. It’s one of the few games that gets the whole Zombie Thing right. It’s more about getting along with people than killing Zombies. Can’t wait for Episode 2.

5. Sam Clay

I just finished it in one sitting. Yeah, pretty damn awesome.

@1 – Yeah I felt exactly the same way, properly questioned my own morals. A lot of stuff happened that I’m sure will come back to bite me in the arse.

6. DSB

@3,4 I guess that settles it, I’ll have to give it a try. Thanks guys :)

7. Moonwalker1982

Surprised to see people here disliking Telltale games. Weren’t there Sam & Max games great? And Back to the future, come on now..that was awesome :)

8. YoungZer0

Let us know what you think of it, once you played it.

9. DSB

@7 Sam and Max was pretty awful compared to other modern adventure games, or even the original Hit the Road. It was the same with Monkey Island.

They’re just sad and ugly, humorless husks of themselves. I didn’t play Back to the Future or Jurassic Park for the same reason.

Games like Ben There, Dan That or the Wadjet Eye games are a lot better. Original writing, intuitive puzzles, more appealing artstyles.

I guess I’m gonna have to try out The Walking Dead though :)

10. Moonwalker1982

Hmmmm ok. Hit the Road was awesome, that’s for sure. Never really played the later games. Jurassic Park was a disaster but i really like Back to the future, i have yet to finish it though, but from what i’ve played i loved it. I’ve only played the demo of The Walking Dead, but it was great. Will definitely buy it sometime.

11. DSB

@10 If you’re into oldschool point and clicks, I would definitely recommend Ben There, Dan That.

They poke a lot of fun at the old Lucas Arts games, and it’s one of pretty few games that actually made me laugh out loud :P

12. Moonwalker1982

Hmmmm, i’ll bookmark it for the future. Right now my backlog is so big, i don’t need another game in there. I really did enjoy point & click adventures but i always sucked at them though, i could never figure out those puzzles and eventually had to resort to good old walkthroughs. But boy do i remember gems like Day of the Tentacle and yes Sam & Max Hit the Road, wow.

13. Sadismek

@12 I got Ben There, Dan That just some while ago on Steam, alongside Time Gentlemen, Please!, for really cheap, I think 0.99 bucks. I haven’t actually got down to try them but I heard they’re pretty fun.

I seldomly use walkthroughs because, in my opinion, they ruin the entire fun of trying to get the solution yourelf. But adventures can still be fun, I mean you usually play them for the story, so no big deal if you resort to walkthroughs. :D

@9 I enjoyed the new Sam&Max, really funny little games they were. I remember I laughed at some jokes they threw there and there. But I always lived under the impression that Max is just a hallucination of Sam, I don’t know why…

14. DSB

@13 I can’t really put my finger on why I don’t like the new Sam and Max. I think the graphics are a big mistake, but really I think it’s just missing the charm.

There aren’t enough characters and the world just doesn’t seem as crazy as it did in Hit the Road.