Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta ends with 1.9 billion total kills

Saturday, 16th July 2011 13:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Uncharted 3′s multiplayer beta ended in the wee-hours this morning, and Naughty Dog said it garnered over 1.53 million unique players during its run, making it PS3′s largest online beta ever.

To keep the feedback from the beta coming, Naughty Dog will leave the beta feedback forums up through the weekend so players can post their closing thoughts. The forums will close on Monday, and will be replaced by the reopening of the multiplayer discussion forum.

For those who racked up multiplayer beta rewards, in order to receive them, be sure to update your account settings to allow “communications from PlayStation,” otherwise, the folks over there will have no idea how to get those to you.

Here are some rather awesome stats from the beta posted over on the PS Blog:

• Total unique Beta players: 1.53 million people.
  • Total kills: 1.9 billion.
  • Total Cash collected: 1.4 TRILLION dollars (that’s greater than the gross domestic product of Spain, the eleventh highest GDP in the world!).
  • Total shots fired: 48 billion.
  • Total matches completed: 22 million.
  • Total time played: More than 362 years worth of matches.

This isn’t the end though, as US players will have the opportunity to play UC3′s multiplayer again come October, should they visit their local Subway sandwich shop before the game hits retail on November 1.

More details on the Subway offer are expected closer to October.

1. reask

There stats are a mess actually.
    I am level 25 and I have 0 hours comp and 0 hours co op.
    1 tdm year 1969.
    Lots and lots of others the same if you check the forum.

2. reask

What does update mean Steph?
    I have not changed anything and have posted on forums.
    Do I need to do anything else?

3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 – It’s just for people who don’t have allow “communications from PlayStation,” enabled through their PSN account. If you already have that, I don’t think you have to do anything.

EDIT: Fucking spammers. I am cleaning those up now, along with my dirty language. *ggggrrrrrr*

4. Razor

I did enjoy the beta, but as is often the case with games these days, I kept getting match-maked with people on level 25+ who take it so seriously,

It takes some of the fun out of it. There should be a beginners matchmaking only :)

5. IL DUCE

Yeah…really was not impressed at all with UC3′s Beta…it was decent, but definitely nothing special IMO…

6. DeVitowned

STILL cannot access the match history to see if I met the requirements for every beta unlockable. I ended with Rank 39 and all but 5 treasures, so I don’t see how I could have missed anything.

Greatly enjoyed the beta and its changes. Multiplayer evolved into a more polished experience with much needed encouragement of a team effort. Co-Op Hunters was my only disappointment. With that said, I didn’t fall in love with Uncharted for its multiplayer, but its characters, stories and mix of myth, exploration and ties with history.

7. reask

Right then thanks Steph.
    I get emails all the time so should be a1.

8. Tech-N9ne

Very very very average mutiplayer, nothing impressive, nothing special, yet most of u’all pretend like its some fantastic piece of sh*t. dumb ass fanboys.

9. KL

@8 no one is getting over hyped over it’s multiplayer.that’s not where the true “juice” is in this game but it does it’s part and is at the same league with most TPS out there ,it’s just that it has nothing really exceptional from the rest.which does?Gears?
    in other words troll harder.

10. Gekidami

Actually plenty of people are getting ‘hyped’ over it. Because the beta was nothing short of awesome.

11. threadzilla