RAGE video takes you behind-the-scenes with The Arsenal

Thursday, 14th July 2011 19:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda and id Software has released the third video in its six-part series of RAGE developer diaries, and in it, the team discusses the various ammunition, gadgets, and weapons players will have access to as they roam about the game’s wasteland. RAGE is out October 4 and October 7 in the US and UK, receptively, for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Thanks, Evil Avatar.

1. YoungZer0

Jesus Christ. I’m sorry, but did i just watch a video about the most normal weapons of all time being sold as THE shit? It’s getting ridiculous now. Especially if you compare it to the dev diary from Resistance 3 a few days back. Now those weapons were worth talking about.

What do we see here? A boomerang. An AK. A shotgun. A rocket-launcher. A revolver. Wow, i’m absolutely blown away.

Face it id, there’s absolutely nothing special about your weapons. It’s not worth talking about.

The problem here is that you do talk about it. It gives me the feeling that here really isn’t much to your game.

And don’t you dare talk about player choice when the only choice i have is “What weapon will i use here?”

I’m not seeing epic set-pieces here either, nor does the shooting look satisfying.

And if shooting is THE thing about your game, well then be prepared to lose this one.

I’ll spend my money on Deus Ex Human Revolution (Story, Different approach to gameplay, fantastic art-direction), Battlefield 3 (Satisfying gameplay, epic set pieces, superb graphics) or the next Bioshock (Story, Art-Direction, variety of gameplay) before i even consider renting this one.

2. DSB

The boomerang was the worlds first ranged weapon! They’re going back to basics ten times harder than everybody else!

Honestly, I’ve had that feeling with a lot of the Rage videos. I’m sure id are gonna put something together that will be worth playing, but there’s literally nothing there that doesn’t remind me of either Borderlands or Fallout.

3. Erthazus

@1, it’s not about unique weapons *facepalm* It’s about their unique usage.

and yes it’s about shooting because Id makes shooters all the time and people like it and i like it too. I don’t want to be captain obvious but your RAGE (sorry for the pun) about it is absolutely ridiculous.

I’m the one that will get this game on launch because it will have that Quake/Doom 3 feel (i hope its not like Doom 3 of course…)

4. OrbitMonkey

“Not enough gun” – Saint of killers (Preacher)

5. YoungZer0

Unique usage? *FACEPALM* You mean like, push the trigger and shoot. FUCKING UNIQUE!

id makes shooters all the time? Is that an argument? So does City Interactive.

“People like it”. People liked it. Shooters have developed, id seems to have missed that development.

And to your information, they don’t do it all the time. Their last game was Doom 3. Released in 2004.

6. endgame

I’m definitely getting this. just as every other ID game this game will be at least decent and paying for a decent game is OK in my book.

7. Hcw87

One of the most important things for me in shooters is how the guns actually feels and handles while shooting. Killzone 2/3 is a perfect example on how you make guns feel real and effective. If this game comes even close (gotta admit, it looks damn good), then it’ll be awesome.

Besides, it has gore.

8. stretch215

@4 preacher is awesome. How about a preacher game or movie?