Uncharted “wasn’t conceived as a trilogy”

Thursday, 16th June 2011 02:13 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Naughty Dog leader Evan Wells has said Every Uncharted game is a stand-alone adventure – so there’s no reason not to keep making them forever.

With the third game due at the end of the year, Naughty Dog isn’t yet talking about what it might get up to next – but nobody doubts that Uncharted 4 is a possibility, and Wells told CVG the series “wasn’t conceived as a trilogy at all”.

“Every single episode is a standalone adventure,” he explained.

“We full like we can keep putting [Nathan Drake] in these scenarios that are self-contained that anyone can pick up and play, but if you have played them and know the characters and storylines it can be an even more rewarding experience.

“I don’t see why we wouldn’t keep going and making more of those adventures as long we’ve got the ideas.”

And the audience of course – but when Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception releases in November for the PlayStation 3, we’ll be damn well surprised if it doesn’t sell like the hottest of cakes.

1. gamestx

Keep them coming. Love the Uncharted series.

2. Christopher Jack

I don’t want these guys working on Uncharted ‘forever’, I’d like to see them get the chance to stretch their wings. Not saying that I want the Uncharted franchise to end anytime soon either, I’m almost excited about Golden Abyss as I am #3 but that’s kind of my point.

3. Dralen

Hopefully the success of the third game will give ND what they need to expand their company, so they can branch out onto new ip’s as well as carrying on with the Uncharted Series.

4. Christopher Jack

Guys like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Insomniac & Guerrilla Games are exactly why I love Sony above all publishers but I’m not short sighted & pathetic enough to let me stop enjoying their competitors’ work.

5. HighWindXIX

As long as they games are as awesome as the two Uncharted games we’ve gotten so far, I say keep making them. As long as the games rock and the stories work, I’m fine with it : )

6. osric90

If they’re always being developed by the same talented people in the studio… Why would they stop being amazing? Just take some time to make each one of them, like 3 years between so they don’t ever, EVER feel like CoDs.

7. HauntaVirus

Couldn’t have said it better myself. And for the angel’s sake, have lot’s of awesome DLC for UC3.

8. ExxonValdez

Uncharted is an awesome series. I wonder what game series Naughty Dog will come up with after their done with Uncharted.