Spencer: Next Alan Wake project hasn’t been greenlit by Microsoft

Friday, 10 June 2011 07:30 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer has told Joystiq the new Alan Wake project from Remedy hasn’t been greenlit by the group.

“I don’t know that they’ve signed it with anybody,” Spencer said to the site.

Remedy announced a new Wake title was in development last month, but wasn’t a full sequel to Alan Wake 2 or DLC for Alan Wake 1, which Spencer said “didn’t sell as well as we would have liked.”

Rumour has pegged it as an XBLA title called Night Springs.

Despite what happened, he added it wouldn’t have an outcome on its professional relationship with Remedy.

“I’d love to work with Remedy again,” said Spencer. “We have ongoing conversations with them.

“I think the stuff they’re doing now they wanted to incubate, Mattias [Myllyrinne, Remedy boss] and the team. They wanted to incubate internally. Like I said, I don’t think they’ve signed it with anybody.”

We’ll shoot a mail to head of franchise Oskari Hakkinen and see what the story is.