Spencer: Next Alan Wake project hasn’t been greenlit by Microsoft

Friday, 10th June 2011 07:30 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer has told Joystiq the new Alan Wake project from Remedy hasn’t been greenlit by the group.

“I don’t know that they’ve signed it with anybody,” Spencer said to the site.

Remedy announced a new Wake title was in development last month, but wasn’t a full sequel to Alan Wake 2 or DLC for Alan Wake 1, which Spencer said “didn’t sell as well as we would have liked.”

Rumour has pegged it as an XBLA title called Night Springs.

Despite what happened, he added it wouldn’t have an outcome on its professional relationship with Remedy.

“I’d love to work with Remedy again,” said Spencer. “We have ongoing conversations with them.

“I think the stuff they’re doing now they wanted to incubate, Mattias [Myllyrinne, Remedy boss] and the team. They wanted to incubate internally. Like I said, I don’t think they’ve signed it with anybody.”

We’ll shoot a mail to head of franchise Oskari Hakkinen and see what the story is.

1. onlineatron

I want a Night Springs adventure game, and I want it now!

2. Quiiick

My advice to Remedy:
    Don’t deal with Microsoft alone. Create the new “Alan Wake” game for multiple platforms!

3. onlineatron

Who owns the IP? I would’ve assumed Microsoft would, given how much money they put behind the first game.

4. Gekidami

^ Remedy do.

5. Blerk

Well, so much for my hope of an E3 reveal.

6. N2O1990

personally i think they already signed,they just lying

7. pukem0n

well Microsoft doesnt have to greenlight shit.
    Remedy could have started the work already and just do it multiplat if MS doesnt want to have it as an exclusive. or look for another publisher.

8. Blerk

They’re not greenlighting it until it has teh Kinects.

9. onlineatron