PSP go hacked, Kingdom Hearts shown running in videos

Wednesday, 5th January 2011 13:36 GMT By Johnny Cullen

pspgo5

Following on from news of PS3 getting hacked earlier this weekwith custom Firmware now available – PSP go has now been hacked to play pirated full disc games.

Videos from blogger Wololo show Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep running on the system thanks to an ISO loader homebrew, which allows games pulled from UMDs to be played digitally.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep was only released on UMD, and never got a PSN online release.

This latest turn of events only adds to what’s been a very bad week for Sony in terms of potential piracy, following news of PS3′s root key being hacked and published openly. PSP’s encryption keys were exposed at the same time.

There’s some videos of the ISO loader below.

Thanks, GAF and Alex.

1. Erthazus

Of course it’s hacked. Sony is so fucking clever to have PSP keys inside PS3. Hackers just used Mathematical research and thats it.

Just LOL. PSP Go had such an awesome system and they just blowed out of their ass.

2. Anders

Going to be a busy week for Sony.

3. Johnny Cullen

“Oopsie.”

4. Anders

Or maybe there aren’t enough owners of PSP Go systems for Sony to care whether it gets hacked or not…

*takes cover*

5. frostquake

Well if they would have put KH:BBS out on PSN, so Bloody Go users could buy it…?? Still hanging on to my “Heavy as a Boulder” PSP-1000 and loving every minute of it.

Oh and thank you VERY MUCH Sony for making Comics I bought at your store now ONLY readable on my PSP with your latest update!!! I was reading them on my Netbook as well, but they put a stop to that as well!!! No more Comic Book money for you, Sony!!! Grrrrrr!

6. Blerk

Interested to see how this goes on the PSP front. An easy way of getting emulators on there would be quite interesting from my point of view.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

“Well if they would have put KH:BBS out on PSN, so Bloody Go users could buy it…?? ”

Exactly #5. Exactly.

8. anuekr

It’s just sad to think what is going to happen with the PSP2, or the PSPHONE.

9. LRB1983

I run 3rd Birthday and works perfect.

10. TraceableX

I’ll buy a PSP3000 now :D

11. lexph3re

Them not putting bbs up wasn’t sony’s choice. That was a move. Made by disney. So people hacking the Go is disney fault not Sony’s this is good news for sony though. Better they hack the Go now so they can be aware of possible psp2 hacks. Now they’re that much more aware

12. Howie Feltersnatch

^
    Sony, Disney, they BOTH played a role in the decision/negotiation process. If Sony really wanted it up there for it’s PSPGo users, it’d be up there right now.

13. Seraphemz

I was really looking forward to bbs…i got pissed when I found out that it was on umd disk only. Sony sold the psp go as having all the games coming out digital..
    I wouldn’t normally pirate…but in this case, they asked for it.

14. lexph3re

Sorry bud I disagree. Only thing sony does is make the network availible for publishers/devs to put things up. Sony made an offer disney declined it end of story. That’s how business works. But, as I said before if you want someone to blame(which all humans do) blame disney.

Who am I though to point small irrate details out that people constantly over look or forget? Hey be happy now people can find an excuse to buy psp go now that they can steal

15. Howie Feltersnatch

^
    Well aware how business works thanks, that’s why they’re both to blame.

On behalf of their PSPGo customer user base, Sony should have asked Disney what will it take financially to get their triple A title on PSN, and then made it happen. Period.

Ofcourse that would be IF Sony gave two shits about their PSPGo in the first place, which they don’t so…fuck em, they deserve to get hacked and ripped off.