Activision releases Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer customization trailer

Friday, 1st October 2010 16:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

callofdutyblackops3

Activision has released a new Call of Duty: Black Ops video showing off the customization in the multiplayer portion of the game.

In the game, players can use the Currency System to buy “weapons, attachments, camo skins, custom reticles, perks, and killstreaks”. there is even the option to create your own custom emblems with the Emblem Editor, place emblems and even your clan tag on to your weapon.

The video did come with this funny little bit of fine print:

“The wager game mode depicted and discussed in this video is for entertainment purposes only. COD Points have no monetary value and may be used for in-game purposes only.”

Call of Duty: Black Ops hits retail on November 9 for DS, PC, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 – now with more zombies.

1. Gekidami

Some really cool options there.

2. DSB

Just when I thought I was out… They pull me back in.

I get a little horny looking at all those rare guns.

This better not suck.

3. Dralen

This looks ALOT like Halo’s customization system. That’s all I’m saying.

4. spiderLAW

You made me spit water all over my screen lol hahaha

BTW so far to me it looks like
    Black Ops> MW2

@3 yeah i see the similarities too

I AM NOT POSTING COMMENTS TOO FAST

5. LOLshock94

lmfaoooooooooooooo when it show the emblems they made 1 of the emblems look like PEDO BEAR legendary

6. stretch215

This game looks dope.

7. polygem

i really got tired of the cod franchise after 4 but i always liked the treyarch cod´s…this time they come up with some nice ideas and i appreciate that. i actually wanted to pass out on this because i´m happy with bc2 and halo right now. also i believe moh will turn out to be good….in the end i will buy my copy of black ops anyway i guess.

8. EscoBlades

*yawn*

9. HighWindXIX

I’m not a CoD fan. At all. But damn if I’m not intrigued by this one. I might have to give it a try.

10. Thalius

This does sound cool but for a not hardcore player like me its bollocks because i will get no “money” because i suck and every 12year old hardcore player will have it all and kick my ass every 10secs.
    They should stop making online shooter just for hardcore players.

11. undeadwolfy

@5 no thats the teddy from WaW zombies. Thats what it is refering to.

Anyways this looks even more f***ng awesome! defo getting along with Medal of Honor.

12. DSB

@10 You just gotta hang in there. I had the same experience with the original Modern Warfare. I don’t know how Black Ops is gonna work, but I played Modern Warfare until I reached the last unlock and then I just left it alone.

When Modern Warfare 2 came out, it was just so fun, the levels were balanced, and you got plentily rewarded for just toughing it out in spite of losing, so I went from an average player to a psycho-fragger within two weeks.

I think MW2 did a great job of opening up the game and rewarding people for hanging in there. Hopefully Treyarch will do something similar.

I might’ve done one or two hours every day for those two weeks, but really it’s about honing your reflexes, learning the maps, and more importantly learning how other people use those maps so you can counter.

I don’t know how they’re gonna balance those points with regards to weapons and everything, though.

13. spiderLAW

DSB is spot on. I started with a K/D of 0.77 in MW2 and was frustrated at how quickly i died.
    I almost quit but instead i found a buddy i liked playing with and kept at it. I ended with 10th prestiege and a 1.89 K/D ratio.

14. polygem

Agree. Its only about knowing the maps and practice. Everyone can be a good player if you regulary play and really focus on the game while you play.. Then everyone is able to have fun in mp shooters. Even in halo and there even in the arena.. I will never understand why people are overly proud of their skills in fps. It just shows that they play too many hours. It has absolutely nothing to do with talent. Its not art in the end. Its fun and i love it but playing a game is not an artform. You cant impress chicks with being the worlds best cod player either.

15. Dimacorgan

Me likes this! Wonder if you can make an old Snake soldier or stuff…

16. reask

I hate people like you spiderlaw. :D
    And there was me quite proud of my 0.80 K/D ratio in Reach :(
    and you go spoil it. :)

No seriously @ 10 I would be similar having just got in to multi in the last 10 months or so.
    Eventually you start getting in to your own game and it can be quite enjoyable.

17. spiderLAW

@16 lol. Sorry. Well, not to put you down further but my finished K/D Ratio in BFBC2 on PC was 2.24 at level 18. Then iswitched to playing it on PS3 and its only at 1.15 right now.
    .80 is not bad at all. Thats actually about the average K/D for the average FPS player. You can get better than me once you get into it.

Hey, being as good at i am at video games makes my wife get all hot and bothered :)

18. reask

LMAO @ Spiderlaw.
    I suppose the thing about multi is no 2 matches are ever the same.
    I reckon this black ops will be pretty good actually.
    Hope so anyway.

19. DSB

@17 It just makes my woman bothered.

20. spiderLAW

@18 Exactly :)

@19 :P I guess im lucky to have a gamer girl then lol

21. reask

Actually when my wife gets hot I get bothered. ;)

22. spiderLAW