Alan Wake: The Writer DLC to be the last, says Remedy

Monday, 20th September 2010 17:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

alanwakelogo

Remedy boss Matias Myllrinne has told Evil Avatar the new second piece of premium DLC for Alan Wake, The Writer, will be the last for the game.

The first episode, The Signal, released back in the summer as both a free bonus to owners of the game and a premium product on Marketplace.

It was thought for a while we’d get a third DLC episode thanks to another Myllrinne interview, but the news was a case of being lost in translation.

No date or price for it has been given yet.

1. Retroid

I wonder if it hasn’t done as well as realistically hoped?

2. ReeceHeywood

Well they let that go far..

3. NiceFellow

I got the impression this underperformed from the available info. Sales seemed sluggish at launch and despite good reviews I think a short, SP only title struggles on 360 TBH.

It’s barely mentioned now and there has been no sign it’s even topped 1Million sold, which I’d guess would be the target for a title 5 years in the making (even allowing for a small team).

Stopping the normally lucrative DLC train also implies to me the value isn’t there for Remedy.

Time to port the sucker over to PC and even PS3 I’d say, assuming they didn’t sign up for some timed exclusivity, and if they did I’d say Remedy made a major misfire with the title.

4. AHA-Lambda

aww sounds like sequel hopes are low to me =(

5. Maximum Unreal

This game remind me of Metro 2033.PC Sales were great because it is PC Tech game like Crysis but Xbox didnt sell to much.Well i would probably buy Alan Wake on PC for 49,99 with all goodis that come from PC ( 3D,Full HD …) And think woudn’t be only one :D

6. macronia

time to make PC port Remedy :P

7. manamana

Since its not even in the top50 worldwide charts, I still hope the best for Remedy, since its a charming games company. I liked AW btw., has a good creepy atmosphere and sound.

8. Happy Hardon Harry

I’ve got no sympathy for Remedy. The game bombed due to their idiotic stance on exclusivity. Karma is a bitch!

9. itsucks

Way better than that robotic lip-synch train wreck of non-gam ethat was Heavy Crap.

10. manamana

Hey tripleH! Got no love for the ones, that developed Max Payne? Screw you! Itsucks nailed it btw.

11. Dragon

Alan Wake, one of my favorites. I bought it very long time ago, when I was gonna buy Xbox 360; Then I decided to buy PlayStation 3 and Heavy Rain. I still got it… I wish I could play it just for once! :‌D

12. TraceableX

@9: How could you compare a survival horror game to HR? That’s like comparing MW2 to Silent Hill.

Dead Space and AW are the best of their genre in this gaming generation.

People suck. Games like MW2 sells way too great and it is nothing special. Just another FPS game.

13. Goliath

Alan Wake is an amazing game and it makes sense the next piece of DLC will be the last. There has to be a conclusion to the story.

14. Blerk

Actually I’m more likely to buy it if it’s the last one, I think. Part of my problem with DLC is that whole ‘if you buy one bit then you feel obliged to buy the rest’ thing. Or maybe that’s just me? :-)

Anyway, I got the first bit free and it was pretty good. If the next bit’s of similar quality and not too expensive then I’ll probably bite.