Next Platinum title to be revealed on this week’s GTTV, says Keighley

Monday, 25th January 2010 21:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Platinum Games

Platinum Games is to reveal its next project in the newest episode of GameTrailers TV, according to host Geoff Keighley.

The announcement, which was tweeted literally moments ago, says:

This week on GTTV — global announcement of next title from Platinum Games inside the show!”

He also added there will be a trailer to boot as well.

So what can it be? Too soon to be Bayonetta 2, we reckon, considering it only released in the West three weeks ago.

Our money is on either a new IP or – maybe, just maybe – Madworld 2, which the studio has shown interest in.

Stay tuned, kiddlewinks.

1. Johnny Cullen

Madworld 2 for the PS3, out as a launch game or supports at release the motion controller.

2. zoopdeloop

Platinum and ps3?i don’t think so

3. onlineatron

Oh Johnny you tease ;)

Damn I want Bayonetta… Playing through Mass Effect again before I get ME2 on Saturday (MY BIRTHDAY!)… so I don’t really have the time or money for it.

But damn it looks good.

4. KAP

I hope its okami 2.
    Platinum games formally clover

5. Bringit

It won’t be a sequel.

When Platinum Games was first revealed as a Sega partner (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1161) it was a four game deal.

The first three games were: Madworld, Bayonetta and Infinite Space. The fourth one was being worked on and is directed by Shinji Mikami, but was under wraps at the time of the announcement.

It even said that in the above link.

6. MasterChiefFenix

Madworld then Bayonetta? Two games I’ve been dying to play. I have no doubt it will be another badass game.

7. Herlock

KAP
    Capcom own the IP, its the Mikami game :)

8. KAP

Oh ok. i stand corrected. it’d be nice tho

9. Galactic_Barret

Isn”t that the powerade logo?

10. Monk

“The fourth one was being worked on and is directed by Shinji Mikami”

that`s weird, because as far I know that mikami
    is working with suda51 in his Stiudo [ Grasshopper ].

“Capcom own the IP, its the Mikami game”
    okami is kamiya Game, not mikami game : ).

11. Herlock

Monk
    Mikami it’s just producer on Suda51 new title, like he did on Killer7, but he’s doing his own game on Platinum, i talk about that : ).
    Kamiya cant make a new Okami, Capcom own the IP, this annoncement is for the Mikami project, better now :)

12. Monk

ohh, that goods one btw.
    because well I was thinking that Mikami was
    in Grasshopper manufucture only.

now I`m far better about the project :) .