New Hawk to release at year-end

Thursday, 12th February 2009 13:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

tonyhawk2

Forgot this last night. Acti Blizz confirmed a new Tony Hawk game for the fourth quarter of this year in its Q4 earnings call yesterday, saying it’s to shake the franchise up with a new gameplay mechanic.

“We said we would reinvent this franchise from the ground up and we have developed a very innovative and interactive approach for Tony,” said president Mike Griffith.

“This should allow us to broaden the appeal of skateboarding beyond the core to mass market audiences and take advantage of this cycle’s dynamics. More details later for competitive reasons.”

Do you reckon it’ll come with a plastic skateboard? Get the rest of the news from the call here.

1. Patrick Garratt

For the record, Tony Hawk has the most fucked shins in the world. I nearly puked when he got them out.

2. Blerk

Isn’t he about 60 by now? He should be tucked up in front of Countdown with a nice mug of cocoa, not gadding about on skateboards.

3. Cort

LOL Blerk.

Oh dear god did I just say LOL? I’m off to play a bit of rugby and wolf-whistle at the local dames from some scaffolding………..

4. sickpuppysoftware

“this cycle’s dynamics” – That’s where they are going wrong, it’s about skateboards not bikes.

How innovative have then been in ripping off skate then?

5. Patrick Garratt

He’s early 40s, at a guess. We interviewed him at Leipzig a few years back and he looked as though he’d properly had enough, bless him.

6. loki

Anthony Frank “Tony” Hawk born May 12, 1968
    thx wiki

7. elronathon

I haven’t really played a Tony Hawks game since 2 which I adored back in le day on the PC. Then I got the Dreamcast version in a bargain bin and it rekindled my interest – whoever ported that did a great job!

Surely they’ve moved on since then?

8. airdom

Who needs THPS games now that we have the superior EA’S Skate game around.