GDC: Valve confirms Portal 2

Friday, 22nd February 2008 06:53 GMT By Patrick Garratt

According to this, producer Kim Swift said in a G4TV interview yesterday, “Well, I believe Doug Lombardi who is our lead marketing director at Valve, has announced Portal 2.”

Swift was probably referring to Valve’s interview with Eurogamer a couple of weeks ago, in which Lombardi said we can expect to see “more Portal, for sure”.

This is the first time anyone’s actually mentioned “Portal 2″ however. Teh internets, predictably, have gone bonkers for it.

1. ran93r

I would easily pay for a nice, big, full price monster of a Portal. Perhaps a little more variety than new levels but anything is better than nowt.

2. patlike

Be very interesting to see what they do with this. I think a lot of the appeal of Portal is that it was short and easy to complete, and what was there was highly polished. I reckon they may keep it to a similar play-time, you know.

3. DrDamn

Hmmm. I loved Portal, but I think the size was as far as they could go with it sensibly without retreading old ground. It was part of the well roundedness of the title.

4. Blerk

*Still* no Kim Swift pictures!

5. patlike

They really have failed. I’ll go next year with my camera of power.

6. videogaming247 » Blog Archive » GDC: Orange Box sells well in excess of 3 million

[...] was a busy time for Valve, having seemingly confirmed Portal 2, explained why Left 4 Dead won’t be coming to PS3 and hinted that Wii development may be a [...]

7. VG247 » Blog Archive » Rumour – Portal 2 gets first art

[...] for over two years that Portal 2 has been in the making. Former Valve member Kim Swift let slip there was a sequel on the way at GDC 2008, although chances are she may have also been referring to Portal: Still [...]

8. Rumour – Portal 2 gets first art | Jarralz Gaming News Portal -