If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Report: 3G model of PS Vita more popular than the Wi-Fi one

According to a report from Japanese retailer Sinobi, the 3G version of Sony's upcoming handheld PlayStation Vita is more popular among the people who've placed a pre-order for the device.

65 percent of PlayStation Vita reservations on the first day were for the 3G model, with the Wi-Fi model making up the other 35 percent of them; the 3G model of the device almost outsold the Wi-Fi model 2:1.

The 3G model is priced at ¥29,980 while the WiFi version goes for ¥24,980 - about $390 and $325 respectively at current exchange rates.

82 percent of purchasers picked up a memory stick as well, and 72 percent of them grabbed one with 32GB storage.

It was also revealed that selling games for PlayStation Vita proved more difficult, with the games per console purchased ratio being only 0.57. However, this is still early days and things might pick up as the handheld's launch draws nearer.

The PlayStation Vita releases on December 17 in Japan, with a Western launch planned sometime next year.

Thanks, Siliconera.

Support VG247

You give us money, we give you an ad-free reading experience, merch discounts, a newsletter every month, and elite status amongst your friends.

See more information

More News

Latest Articles

VG247 logo

Buy our t-shirts, yeah

They're far more stylish than your average video game website tat.

VG247 Merch