The Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare October patch is here.
As promised, Infinity Ward rolled out the latest update for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare. The patch is roughly 10GB (20GB on PC) in size, and its biggest highlight is that it finally makes it possible for PC players to remove modes they're not playing
This process can only be done after downloading the patch, and it's available on the Battle.net launcher, not through the game. In fact, Modern Warfare needs to be closed for you to be able to uninstall what you no longer need.
Infinity Ward confirmed that Warzone cannot be uninstalled, but you will be able to remove the Spec Ops co-op mode, the single-player campaign and even regular multiplayer. It goes without saying that those options will only be available to owners of the full game, not free-to-play Warzone players.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - how to uninstall campaign/Spec Ops/multiplayer to save space on PC
- 1. Open the Battle.net launcher.
- 2. Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- 3. Select the Options menu on the upper left-hand portion of the Battle.net launcher.
- 4. Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- 5. Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- 6. Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall, and hit Confirm.
Outside of a new round of stability fixes on PC, and a few other miscellaneous bug fixes, today's patch also brought a couple of balance changes. The SP-R 208 got hit with another nerf, this time with a reduction to its minimum damage at range in Warzone. The Kar98, on the other hand, is now more effective over distances thanks to a boost to its minimum damage at range.
Read on below for the full change log.
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order.
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast.
- Fix for a bug where viewing the Nevermore execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck.
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory.
- Fixed a lighting issue with the Gilded Arm variant from the Season Six Battle Pass.
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC.
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone.
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone.
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider.
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle.
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11.
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle.
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station.
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport.
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed.
- Fix for an issue where the player's view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting.
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract.