Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered continues to expand with new content, breathing new life into a ten year old game.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered may have been released as a sort of glorified collector's edition add-on, but the support from Raven Software is more what you'd expect from a standalone new release.
The latest update, patch 1.08, adds a stack of new Depot content to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, including four new weapon kits. Each will be available via collection bounties, so you'll need to gather or craft all the matching items to unlock the new gear.
This Sniper Class Weapon Kit gives your sniper rifles the field-ready look of a working class weapon. For example, your sniper rifle can look camouflaged like a ghillie suit or covered in duct tape.
Bring a bit of the Old West to Modern Warfare with this Shotgun Class Weapon Kit. You’ll feel like a gunslinger when your shotguns have the look and feel of high-class weapons from Western Americana, complete with filigreed details and wood stocks.
If you like to get up close and personal, then the SMG is probably one of your workhorse weapons. The Battle-Scarred Weapon Kit will make your weapons look like they have been through many a firefight, scars and all.
The Czar Weapon Kit provides the look of pure gold to your LMGs, putting the bling in your loadout and onto the field of battle. These golden guns are over the top, flashy, and deadly as ever.
There are also three new weapon collection bounties, and Raven has asked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered to provide feedback on how they fit into the sandbox; it doesn't want to upset a decade-old balance too much.
This is a fully-automatic, 12-gauge shotgun of Russian origin, and features an 8-round detachable box magazine.
This fully automatic assault rifle comes from the European theater, and utilizes 7.62x51mm NATO cartridges in a 30-round detachable box.
- .44 Magnum
This is the classic .44 Magnum six-round revolver, featuring a stylized military grip and signature long barrel.
Raven has also added two new melee weapons to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. Gladiator is a sword based on the Roman legionary's standard-issue gladius blade, while the Hatchetman is a military axe.
The bulk of the update is customisation, so you'll also find four new weapon camo sets with 39 new weapon camos total, 31 new calling card options, 39 new emblems, and 39 new reticles in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered once you've grabbed the patch.
Here are the full patch notes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered update 1.08:
- Reduced size of total MWR package from 75GB to ~60GB (Xbox One only)
- Spawn improvements
- Collateral Damage fix
- C4 will now stick to Helicopters
- Environmental and Melee Kill Stats will no longer reset on Prestige
- Melee Weapon crosshairs will change color when over an enemy that is in range of a melee attack
- Still give match bonus if the other player quits Cage Match
- Show Rank on Gun Game Scoreboard
- Virtual Lobby optimization
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed collision in Ambush tunnel
- Fixed issues with Kill Cam/Streaming
- Fixed Streaming issues relating to invisible weapons
- Fixed issues with Melee Weapons on ladders causing weapons to disappear
- Fixed issues with Exclusion Zone Weapon Camo appearing incorrectly
- Fixed issues with Clan Tag resetting unexpectedly
- Fixed issues where killstreak activation could stop functioning
- Fixed missing visuals of one Hardpoint neutral zone in Strike
- Fixed sometimes seeing the blur too early when going to ADS with a Sniper Rifle
- Fixed ADS sometimes not stopping weapon inspection
- Fixed issues with ADS Toggle control schemes not being able to throw C4
- Fixed various issues with Character visuals in the Virtual Lobby
- Fixed the “Extreme Speed” Challenge to track through death and rounds