In a response that could have been tailored for idiots like Anne Diamond, Byron told critics of gaming to "stop panicking, get a grip, move on in the debate and just be sensible about who plays what at what age, and what's appropriate."
The comments came as part of a massive interview with Byron, which revealed she was:
- Pleased with the general response to her Review despite "completely wrong" early reporting.
- Promised publicly and privately by ministers that the government will act on recommendations.
- "Taking a step back" from gaming while considering her next move.
- Discussing with ELSPA head Paul Jackson his fears over BBFC's role.
- Assured by parts of industry that they would help fund awareness campaign.
Take a look. Hopefully we can move on now.