Arcen Games is celebrating the fourth anniversay of its cult classic AI War: Fleet Command with an all-new DLC expansion and a special bundle edition with all the content release to date.
Arcen is throwing a huge sale to celebrate the anniversary, with discounts on Steam, GamersGate and its own storefront.
The entire AI Wars franchise is on sale if you want to complete your collection, or go for broke and pick up the full game and all expansions for 60% off.
For those who already have the rest, the new expansion Vengeance of the Machine is 10% off on its own. The new expansion adds a bunch of new tools with which the villainous AI can crush its puny human foes, among other new content:
- Eight new AI types, from the honorable "Chivalric" which refuses to harass your Advanced Factories and other irreplaceables to the bleedingly-hard "Vicious Exotic" which eschews normal waves in favor of hammering you with massive Exogalactic Attacks.
- Two new Map styles: Wheel and Honeycomb.
- Six new Bonus Ship Types, from the modular Protector Starship to the hilarious "space dock artillery cannon" Neinzul Railpod.
- Two new optional AI Plots: Hunter (which brings the AI's Special Forces from strong to nightmarish) and Shark.
- Five new Core Guard Posts to defend the AI homeworlds.
- Seven new Guardian types to add variety to the AI's heavier units.
- 28 new achievements.
- More awesome music from Pablo Vega.
Now at version 7.0, AI War is available on Mac and PC and launched in 2009, winning over fans with its unusually intelligent AI opponents; ongoing post-launch support;strong player base and unusual strategy gameplay. It's one of Arcen Games' most successful and popular products.