Season 3 officially kicks off later today in Warzone, and it looks to be making big changes to the meta.
Ahead of Season 3’s launch in Warzone today, the big update has arrived on all platforms. This patch includes new content like the new battle pass, new store bundles, and of course, the new map in the wake of Verdansk’s nuking – though that won’t be available until the second part of the event.
More interesting, however, are the balance changes included in this one, which should hopefully shake up the stale, predictable meta Warzone has been trudging through since shortly after the launch of Black Ops Cold War and its subsequent integration.
As expected, the FFAR 1 assault rifle is at the top of the list of nerfs. The dominant weapon has had its maximum damage cut to 27 from 30, and its maximum damage range dropped by 15%. Neck multiplier damage for the FFAR dropped to just 1, from 1.1, as has upper torso damage. It will ADS slightly slower, too.
Tactical Rifles have also been hit hard, with the AUG and M16 in particular getting significant nerfs. The AUG’s burst delay has been increased by 33%, and its neck damage multiplier dropped to 1.3 from 1.8. The M16’s burst delay was likewise increased, but only by 10%, and its neck damage dropped from 1.8 to 1.1.
Outside of these weapon-specific tweaks, Raven has also touched several of the Black Ops Cold War barrels, muzzle attachments, optics, magazines and lasers. The goal is to widen the set of viable options available for players, and steer the meta away from must-have attachment combinations.
This is where Tactical Rifles get another hit. The M16’s 16.3” Rapid Fire, 15.9” Strike Team, and 16.3” Titanium barrels have all had their effects reduced. It’s the same story for the AUG’s 18” Rapid Fire, 18.2” Strike Team, 17” Titanium.
It’s not all nerfs, though, Raven also added a new perk to the Flashguard and SOCOM/KGB Eliminator muzzle attachment. Called Position Concealment, the perk simply reduces the time your position is visible on the compass and minimap after firing – so a step between full-on suppressors and clean muzzles.
Read on below for the biggest changes, and check the Raven blog for the full list.
- Loot that spawns across Verdansk has once again been updated.
- Loot now exclusively consists of Black Ops Cold War Weapons including the new Swiss K31 Sniper Rifle and PPSh-41 SMG.
- Only Legendary Weapons will spawn as Blueprints
- Players no longer take armor-bypassing damage when using a riot shield and facing an active thermite grenade.
- Sticking a player with Semtex will now always down them.
- Fixed a bug with most Cold War barrels where Hip Spread and ADS Idle Sway were being increased when they should not have been.
- Fixed a bug with some ZRG 20mm optics that disabled the ability to hold breath.
- Fixed a bug where some loot would drop in close proximity on death.
- Fixed a bug where if the player is downed while switching to a gunner seat, they would become invisible and/or invulnerable.
- Fixed a bug causing the random Operator select option to only select Coalition Operators from Modern Warfare.
- Fixed a bug causing Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to not track properly (eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater).
- Fixed a bug causing certain Operator models to appear headless while using the FFAR 1.
- Maximum damage decreased from 30 to 27.
- Maximum damage range decreased by 15%.
- Neck damage multiplier changed from 1.1 to 1.
- Upper torso damage multiplier changed from 1.1 to 1.
- ADS speed decreased slightly.
- Recoil increased slightly.
- ADS speed decreased slightly.
- Upper torso damage multiplier changed from 1.3 to 1.1.
- ADS speed increased.
- Raise time increased slightly.
- Time between bursts increased by 33%.
- Neck damage multiplier changed from 1.8 to 1.3.
- Time between bursts increased by 10%.
- Neck damage multiplier changed from 1.8 to 1.1.
- 16.3” Rapid Fire (M16): Increase to rate of fire reduced by 58%.
- 18” Rapid Fire (AUG): Increase to rate of fire reduced by 56%.
- 15.9” Strike Team (M16): Increase to rate of fire reduced by 66%.
- 18.2” Strike Team (AUG): Increase to rate of fire reduced by 64%.
- 16.3” Titanium (M16): Increase to rate of fire reduced by 61%.
- 17” Titanium (Tactical Rifle Charlie): Increase to rate of fire reduced by 59%.
- Sorokin 140mm Auto (Sykov): Minimum damage reduced from 23 to 19.
- Sorokin 140mm Auto AND Akimbo (Sykov): Minimum damage reduced from 19 to 14.
- Ember Sighting Point: ADS speed penalty reduced by 20%.
- SOF Target Designator: Flashlight is now visible during hip-fire and ADS.
- Salvo/VDV Fast Mag: ADS speed penalty reduced by 20%.
- Pistols: ADS speed penalty reduced by 40%.
- SMGs: ADS speed penalty reduced by 30%.
- Snipers: ADS speed penalty reduced by 20%.
Muzzle attachment balance
- Flashguard: Added Position Concealment pro.
- SOCOM/KGB Eliminator: Added Position Concealment pro.
- SUSAT MultiZoom: ADS speed penalty reduced by 10%.
- Ultrazoom Custom: ADS speed penalty reduced by 20%.
- Vulture Custom Zoom: ADS speed penalty reduced by 20%.
Rear grip balance
- Increases to ADS speed reduced by roughly 10%.