Nintendo and DeNA lifted the lid on the next Pokemon mobile title today, Pokemon Masters.
During a short presentation today, Nintendo revealed more information on Pokemon Masters.
Announced in May, Nintendo confirmed today the free-to-start mobile title is a 3v3 real-time battle game.
In it, you will form teams of trainers and Pokemon to compete on the island of Pasio.
For the very first time in a Pokemon game, Trainers and their partner Pokemon from every Pokemon region will come together to form sync pairs. Players can team up with duos such as Korrina and Lucario, Brendan and Treecko, Clair and Kingdra, and many more. With all sorts of Trainers on Pasio, there are sure to be some exciting and unexpected encounters in this new story.
At launch, there will be 65 sync pairs to recruit with additional sync pairs to come following release. Once a player has made friends sync pairs, they can recruit those friends to form a team of three Trainers and their three partner Pokemon. After which they will battle AI opponents to become champion of the Pokemon Masters League tournament.
How battles work: you will command a squad of three sync pairs in real-time battles. During the battle, your AI opponent will do the same. You will also be able to command Trainers in battle to use moves and healing items to increase a Pokemon’s stats. In addition to standard moves, sync moves can be deployed. These are more powerful attacks and are performed by specific sync pairs.
When it battle, you will need to keep an eye on your move gauge. It will refill over time.
Pokemon Masters will be available worldwide as a free-to-start game with in-app purchases on iOS and Android devices this summer.
Below is an example of Pokemon and Trainer sync pairs included at release.
A Selection of Sync Pairs in Pokemon Masters
- Red & Charizard (HeartGold and SoulSilver, others)
- Brock & Onix (Red and Blue, others)
- Misty & Starmie (Let’s Go, Pikachu and Eevee, others)
- Rosa & Snivy (Black and White Version 2)
- Blue & Pidgeot (HeartGold and SoulSilver, others)
- Cynthia & Garchomp (Diamond and Pearl, others)
- Iris & Haxorus (Black and White Version 2, others)
- Clair & Kingdra (HeartGold and SoulSilver, others)
- Brendan & Treecko (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
- Flannery & Torkoal(Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, others)
- Thorton & Bronzong (Platinum, others)
- Korrina & Lucario (Pokemon X and Y)
- Acerola & Palossand (Sun and Moon, others)
- Barry & Piplup (Diamond and Pearl, others)