We now have full details of the bonuses in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s various editions.
As you may have seen following the reveal of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Activision announced three editions of the game, all of which are currently available to pre-order.
Since Modern Warfare won’t be bringing back the season pass this year, many were left wondering what’s included in the more expensive editions. The official description reads “Operator Edition premium digital items,” but that doesn’t really tell us much.
Fortunately, the Activision blog followed that up with a breakdown of what these digital items actually are. Modern Warfare introduces the concept of Operators, which is similar to Rainbow Six Siege’s Elite sets.
Each operator has a unique look, background, voice line, backstory and comes with a cosmetic weapon variant. Both the Operator Edition and the Operator Enhanced Edition come with three Operator Packs.
Activision stresses that Operators won’t come with any perks or skills that could affect gameplay; they’re entirely cosmetic. The three Operator Packs announced so far are all inspired by the original Modern Warfare.
Here’s what each of them includes:
Crew Expendable Operator Pack
- Operator name: Otter.
- Themed Operator skin: special operations with gas mask.
- Cosmetic weapon variant: short-barreled pump-action shotgun designed “for close encounters”; in fact, the phrase is scratched into the stock. The weapon also comes with oil and surface markings.
All Ghillied Up Operator Pack
- Operator name: Grinch.
- Themed Operator skin: full sniper ghillie suit.
- Cosmetic weapon variant: bolt-action sniper rifle, in camouflage with additional netting and suppressor, and what seems to be coordinates scratched on the surface of the weapon above the trigger, near the bolt carrier.
War Pig Operator Pack
- Operator name: Wyatt.
- Themed Operator skin: ground infantry Desert camouflage with tac vest.
- Cosmetic weapon variant: pistol with a lightweight custom trigger, flared magwell, grip with custom stippling, accessory rail (for mounting lasers or flashlights), and “War Pig” etched into the slid.
All three are part of the Operator Edition and the Operator Enhanced Edition, and they’re likely the first of many to follow post launch. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare arrives October 25 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.