The spell-slinging Tremere are under the spotlight in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2’s second full-blood clan reveal.
Following fellow full-bloods in the Brujah, the Tremere is one of the five titular bloodlines players can join on graduating from Thinblood status.
Once occultists seeking eternal life, the rituals of the Tremere warlocks granted them immortality at a price. Only now permitted in Seattle en mass, the Tremere offers players a chance to don their fangs and wizard caps.
While treated with suspicion by other clans, the Tremere are a tempting choice. Players who take to the blood magi will be offered devastating spells and supernatural senses to wreak havoc without muddying their robes.
The Tremere can access two new disciplines. Thaumaturgy grants mystical blood powers to reap fear from afar, while Auspex powers let a craft vampire read the room before taking action.
Here’s the lowdown on what these paths can offer:
Bloodlines 2 – Tremere clan disciplines
- Skewer – launches a small portion of the vampire’s blood at the feet of their enemies, where it erupts in a patch of razor-sharp spikes. Once they dissolve, a stream of blood flows back to the caster
- Purge – allows the vampire to make their victims vomit up blood, damaging them heavily. A stream of blood flows back to the caster
- Blood Boil – a master of Thaumaturgy may cast Purge for a second time on the affected NPC, causing the blood in their veins to sear. The wretch explodes wishing moments; bystanders in a large area are damaged. Blood from each victim streams back to the caster.
- Aura Sense – allows the vampire to spot NPC’s even through walls, read crowds at a glance, and mark individuals to keep them in their sights over long distances. It also allows the user to spot the weaknesses in a marked NPC’s attack and defence
- Psychic Projection – detaches the vampire’s mind from their body. Untethered, they can explore the area in astral form, remaining free to use Aura Sight to mark any character they spot. Beyond that, the vampire’s mastery of their own senses has grown to such an extent that they can telepathically overwhelm the senses of others for a short while
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 hits PC and consoles next year.