Respawn has just released a new update for Apex Legends.
Today’s patch is Apex Legends’ second since launch, and it became available this morning on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Though the patch mainly brings fixes for all platforms, it’s specifically targeting PS4 crashes with a few changes.
All the fixes in the patch, with the exception of one, are all targeting various crashes. On PS4, they’re being addressed by fixing an issue that caused GPU hangs, which can lead to crashes, as well as another crash caused by pressing a button early while the game loads.
The update also fixed crashes on Xbox One caused by Gibraltar epic skins, and another crash caused by using Mirage’s ability on all platforms. Finally, the bug that would sometimes slow player movement after getting revived has been fixed.
Read on below for the full change log:
- Addresses issues we saw with GPU hangs.
- Fixed crash when pressing button early in load process.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes move slowly after revive.
- Fixed issue with Mirage Ability causing crashes.
- Fixed issue with Gibraltar Epic skins on Xbox One causing crashes
In other Apex Legends news, the game’s files have been datamined to reveal an upcoming survival mode, and new Legends.