Halo 5’s latest update and free DLC are here.
Halo 5 Memories of Reach update is out now – all the details
Halo 5 has received another big update/DLC with the release of Memories of Reach. The update went live overnight, clocking in at around 4.2 GB.
Memories of Reach brings a host of new features, as well as new content. Highlights include the addition of Infection mode, a new Arena map named Stasis, four new armour sets inspired by Reach’s Noble Team, and new matchmaking options.
343 has also made some upgrades to Silver and Gold REQ packs, this increases your chances of getting power weapon certifications, skins, armour sets, helmets, provided you don’t already have them. The third slot in these REQ packs was also upgraded to include emblems.
Take a look at the biggest changes below, and see Halo Waypoint for the full suite.
New features and updates:
- Infection mode and playlist added.
- New Arena map added: Stasis.
- Added matchmaking preference options (Balanced, Focused, and Expanded).
- Revamped Post Game Carnage Report.
- Added Material Override and Texture Overlay options to Forge.
- Increased value of Gold and Silver REQ Packs.
- Fixed an issue that caused player properties to not be applied to players correctly.
- Fixed a performance issue in Warzone caused by firing a Gungoose against a specific surface.
- Brute Plasma Rifle added to Fiesta Classic.
- Fixed a rare case that allowed a Spartan to spawn in the scope of an enemy sniper.
- Reduced instances where players could spawn outside of the playable map area in Warzone.
- Players can no longer knock teammates out of the REQ Terminal menus.
- Fixed voice over for SPNKr and Weapon Pad events.
- Public API: Fixed PlayerScore in MatchEnd telemetry.
- Fixed an issue where audio didn’t play after finishing a Warzone match on Skirmish at Darkstar.
- Round Based FFA modes now use total score to determine winners.
- Custom Games Settings tweaks:
- Players can now enable or disable weapon pickup in player traits.
- Brute Plasma Rifle can now be selected as a loadout weapon.
- Players can now adjust total rounds for magazine based loadout weapons.
- Active Camo can now be set as a percentage instead of just on/off.
- Moved Machinima Settings in the Custom Games UI to the General Settings submenu.
- Increased value of Gold and Silver REQ Packs
- First two slots no longer grant emblems, thus chances of receiving other permanent REQs such as power Weapon Certifications, Weapon Skins, Armors, and others has substantially improved if available.
- Third slot now offers a large chance of awarding an emblem as well as a single use REQ
- In general, the chance of dropping rarer single use REQs has increased.
- Memories of Reach REQ pack available later today, for a limited time.
- Added Matchmaking Search Preferences: Screen capture.
- Balanced (default): Search for a match based on your fireteam’s skill and network connection quality.
- Expanded: Widen search parameters to find the first available match with reasonable skill matching and network connection quality.
- Focused: Narrow search to find the best match based on your fireteam’s skill and connection. Search times may be longer than normal.
- Added a new recap screen in the Carnage Report. This screen lists each player’s Medals, Tool of Destruction, who they killed the most, who killed them the most, and other match specific information. Access this screen by pushing “A” on a player while in the Carnage Report.
- Added advanced options for vertical and horizontal controller sensitivity.
- Added the ability to use Left and Right trigger to quickly navigate to other player’s while on the recap screen.
- Accessing Player Options in the Carnage Report now moved to the “X” button. Filter Team functionality (formerly the “X” button) has been removed from the Carnage Report.
- Added the ability to see other Spartan’s stances in the Carnage Report.
- Added new celebration moment for a Spartan Rank up and a Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) up in the Carnage Report.
- Changed the flow of the Carnage Report screens to start on the Match Stats screen first.
- Added support for Infection to the scoreboard. Zombies and Alpha Zombies each display a new Infection-only graphic in place of their emblem.
- Added the ability to rotate other Spartan’s in the Carnage Report.
- Added medal rarities in the Carnage Report to help highlight Rare and Legendary medals.
- Added an Open Packs animation and pack count notification to the Help Bar if you have available packs to open.
- Continued performance optimizations to the Warzone Terminal.
Bug fixes, tweaks, and cleanups:
- Fixed an issue where spawn points were being invalidated if they were floating/not placed in specific ways.
- Fixed issues with Soccer Ball and Kill Ball physics to allow for more accurate rolling.
- Added team support to vehicle blockers.
- Kill Ball (and its new friends) now live under gameplay>kill-balls rather than under props since they have gameplay (they kill Spartans!).
- Teleporters now use “ghost” physics which allow Spartans to move through them preventing the physics bump when they are walked over.
- Implemented Magnet and Lightmap fixes for certain Trapezoid primitives.
- Implemented Magnet and Lightmap fixes for certain Ring primitives.
- Implemented Magnet and Lightmap fixes for certain Cylinder primitives.
- Implemented Lightmap fixes for Generators.
- “Pistons” Barriers updated – 6 various sizes (tri-color).
- Squashed various bugs surrounds changing group parents.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when welding two large groups together.
- Fix an issue where deletes that should be interpreted as permanent allowed the deleted object to respawn if it had a respawn timer.
- “Delete all unlocked objects” command now deletes grabbed objects.
- Cleared leftover state from deleted groups that could cause unexpected behavior when making new groups.
- Fixed issues with physics of grouped unwelded vehicles after a grab + drop cycle.
- New light gobos for game modes; Grifball, Assault, & Infection.
- Fixed an issue with Van prop moving backwards when scripted to move forward; if you are experience problems with one placed in a level you will need to replace it with one from the level.
- Improved magnets on the Car and Van props.
- All rings now support tertiary.
- Re-organized some of the decals to work fit in better with the new decals.
- Slightly increased precision rotation speed to accommodate for the rotation of smaller objection.