343 Industries has announced the multiplayer playlists which will be available when Halo 5: Guardians launches.
You’ll notice Big Team Battle isn’t included in the matchmaking list below, but don’t worry about that for the time being.
Instead, concern yourself with the following playlists:
- Warzone – 24 players on massive maps with REQs and AI adversaries
- Warzone Assault – Asymmetrical variant where players must destroy the Power Core or defend it
- Slayer – Work with a team to destroy opponents
- Breakout – High lethality single-life elimination mode
- Free-for-All – You against everyone else
- SWAT – No shields, no motion tracker
- Team Arena – Has five modes and nine maps
Okay, so about Big Team Battle.
According to what multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo told IGN, matchmaking for BTB will “have its own playlist when it launches”.
“We’re crafting all new maps that are designed from the ground up to cater to Big Team Battle,” DelHoyo said. “These will include a healthy mix of infantry and vehicular combat that Big Team Battle is known for.”
343 previously stated that Halo 5’s Warzone was “the evolution of BTB, on steroids,” and the mode would be released sometime “post-launch.”
Halo 5: Guardians hits Xbox One on October 27.