Assassin’s Creed Unity players will no longer need to use the game’s Companion App when they wish to open blue or gold chests.
The patch unlocks all content exclusive to Initiates along with the Companion App.
Players can still progress on the Companion App, it’s just no longer required to unlock in-game chests.
This is good news for those who didn’t download the smartphone app, and for those who found the app’s minimizing of the game to load Initiates annoying.
You can expect the update at some point tomorrow on PC, while PS4 and Xbox One users can download the patch today.
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues
Thanks, PC Gamer.