Tag Archives: tf2
Fri, Jun 29, 2012 | 19:14 BST
Hero Academy, an iOS favorite, will release on Steam August 8, Robot Entertainment has announced. It will include an exclusive Team Fortress 2, and it contains cross-platform play with owners of the iOS version. A price hasn’t been set.
Thu, Jun 28, 2012 | 09:34 BST
Meet the Pyro from Team Fortress 2 below the break. That’s all you really need to know. More information on the fella is expected with the update later today.
Fri, Jun 22, 2012 | 21:55 BST
Valve and Adult Swim are teaming up for something pertaining to Team Fortress 2. Whatever the announcement is, it’s slated for next week, so, yeah, an announcement of an announcement. Anyway, there’s a promotional page available here, which asks if you would like to sign up for the news letter with the tease: “To learn how their video game peanut butter will be getting in our network’s chocolate, come back next week.” No word if the ARG going on right now with Team Fortress 2 is part of the tease, but we wouldn’t doubt it.
Sat, Feb 04, 2012 | 12:55 GMT
Those planning to pre-purchase Jagged Alliance: Back in Action through Steam will be blessed with some Team Fortress 2 goodies for doing so. When you pre-purchase on the service before February 7, not only will you save 15%, you will be rewarded with three TF2 items: the Battle Bob slimming hair helmet, the Bushman’s Boonie head camouflage, and the Merc Medal. Jagged Alliance: Back in Action lands in Europe on February 10 and in North America February 14.
Sat, Nov 12, 2011 | 21:55 GMT
Below the break you will find snippets of news regarding some nice sales going on, along with mod tool information, and the ability to pre-load and get Heavy with Saints Row: The Third. In other words, the shorts post today is a bit Steam-centric.
Tue, Jun 21, 2011 | 06:33 BST
Valve is teasing a major Team Fortress 2 update this week – the Über Update – and inviting fans to speculate wildly on its contents with a series of teasers.
Thu, Sep 30, 2010 | 19:59 BST
Sat, May 01, 2010 | 18:35 BST
Sat, Apr 17, 2010 | 16:52 BST
Sat, Mar 20, 2010 | 16:26 GMT
Valve has updated Team Fortresss 2 with a community-crafted items update.
Thu, Feb 04, 2010 | 22:45 GMT
Valve has released the latest update for Team Fortress 2, and it includes a Highlander mode.
…I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod…and I am immortal. Sorry.
Fri, Jan 15, 2010 | 18:37 GMT
Valve has decided that it wants Team Fortress 2 players to submit designs for game items and avatars, and the player created content just might be placed in the game – if it’s good enough and conforms to the rules.
Tue, Nov 03, 2009 | 14:53 GMT
Valve’s running a preorder incentive on the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2, where you not only get 10 percent off the cost of the game, but Bill’s beret from Left 4 Dead 1 for your Team Fortress 2 character.
If you already preordered the game, Valve said to fire-up your TF2 game and the beret will be ready and waiting for you.
Check with your local retailer to make sure it’s participating, though, just to be sure.
Full thing’s over on the TF2 blog.
Sat, Oct 31, 2009 | 19:42 GMT
If you missed out on purchasing Team Fortress 2 yesterday for $2.50, now is your chance to get it for that price again providing you do so within the next 30 minutes.
Sale ends at 1:00pm PST and Valve says that this is it folks.
GO GO GO!!!!
Wed, Aug 12, 2009 | 19:58 BST
Valve has announced that the next update to Team Fortress 2 will be non-class specific, giving the goods to all in equal opportunity fashion.
The first are new hats -eighteen to be exact -two for each of the nine classes along with a map called Arena Offblast.
The map is a battleground on a mountain cliff where players need to be careful ’round the edges.
Expect more information to be released between now and the next update, per usual.
Wed, Jul 22, 2009 | 19:41 BST
Valve’s Robin Walker has chatted with fan site CommunityFortress regarding the item drop system, which apparently, didn’t pan out the way it planned.
“I think we’ve learned that the random drop system is only good for some types of things, like the rare cosmetic hats,” he said. “For competitive players, it’s obviously a bad way to deliver items.”
Valve is currently considering new ways to drop items, such as achievements, but claims it may also “move to a mode where we just give them to you.”
Sat, May 23, 2009 | 18:49 BST
Valve has released a patch fixing several things that occurred during the Sniper vs. Spy update for Team Fortress 2.
Here’s the list:
- Fixed Ambassador not using hit boxes to trace against players. It now works like all other bullet-firing weapons in the game
- Fixed Ambassador shooting through gates
- Fixed Ambassador not critting during the round win period
- Fixed control point not being named correctly on Arena Sawmill
- Fixed cloaked Spies being able to taunt attack
- Fixed Spy feign death not being reflected in scoreboard
- Fixed Jarate effect on DX8 machines
- Fixed rare crash in Spy “A Cut Above” achievement
- Fixed the backpack icon appearing over the “Could not connect to Steam” message in the client inventory
- Fixed German localization string for respawning players showing %1
More details are over on Steam.
While you are there, don’t forget it’s free to play all weekend long and is 50 percent off should you decide to purchase it.
Thanks, LA Examiner.
Tue, May 12, 2009 | 21:33 BST
Valve has announced that another free weekend of gameplay is coming up for Team Fortress 2, and alongside of that, it also announced more updates for the Sniper class.
This ranged class is armed with a hunting bow complete with 18 arrows and a one-second charge for full power shots, all the better to make your enemies look like a porcupine.
According to the site: “You will shoot them and they will stick to the wall and they will die.” Nice.
One headshot from these bowmen can result in an instant critical, and updates include achievements, head-slot items, maps, and three unlockable weapons.
Expect the update to arrive “soon”.
Tue, Apr 21, 2009 | 21:25 BST
Valve released a new update to Team Fortress 2 yesterday. The patch will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
Specific changes include:
- Reworked the character load-out screens to support future features
- Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned.
- Added the ability for players to reset their player stats using the Reset Stats button on the Stats menu. This does not reset achievements.
- Added a “player_teleported” game event that is sent when a player is teleported.
- Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch.
- Scouts now drop the flag if they’re carrying it when they start phasing.
- Fixed instances where Steam connection problems would cause some unlocked items to be unusable.
- Fixed the custom crosshair menu not clearing itself when “None” is selected for non-English clients.
- Fixed warning about not being able to execute skill1.cfg when starting the dedicated server.
Hit the link for more.
Tue, Feb 24, 2009 | 21:35 GMT
Valve’s unveiled the second Scout weapon in today’s Team Fortress 2 update: it’s a double-barrelled shotgun.
Aptly titled Force-a-Nature, it promises to even things against the Heavies, and when fired at the ground gives the Scout a lead-based rocket-jump.
A poll is also over on the official site asking players to pick which Scout update will arrive first: the bat, the gun or the energy drink.
Better hurry on over before it goes live.