Tag Archives: tf2
Tue, Nov 03, 2009 | 14:53 GMT
Valve’s running a preorder incentive on the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2, where you not only get 10 percent off the cost of the game, but Bill’s beret from Left 4 Dead 1 for your Team Fortress 2 character.
If you already preordered the game, Valve said to fire-up your TF2 game and the beret will be ready and waiting for you.
Check with your local retailer to make sure it’s participating, though, just to be sure.
Full thing’s over on the TF2 blog.
Sat, Oct 31, 2009 | 19:42 GMT
If you missed out on purchasing Team Fortress 2 yesterday for $2.50, now is your chance to get it for that price again providing you do so within the next 30 minutes.
Sale ends at 1:00pm PST and Valve says that this is it folks.
GO GO GO!!!!
Wed, Aug 12, 2009 | 19:58 BST
Valve has announced that the next update to Team Fortress 2 will be non-class specific, giving the goods to all in equal opportunity fashion.
The first are new hats -eighteen to be exact -two for each of the nine classes along with a map called Arena Offblast.
The map is a battleground on a mountain cliff where players need to be careful ’round the edges.
Expect more information to be released between now and the next update, per usual.
Wed, Jul 22, 2009 | 19:41 BST
Valve’s Robin Walker has chatted with fan site CommunityFortress regarding the item drop system, which apparently, didn’t pan out the way it planned.
“I think we’ve learned that the random drop system is only good for some types of things, like the rare cosmetic hats,” he said. “For competitive players, it’s obviously a bad way to deliver items.”
Valve is currently considering new ways to drop items, such as achievements, but claims it may also “move to a mode where we just give them to you.”
Sat, May 23, 2009 | 18:49 BST
Valve has released a patch fixing several things that occurred during the Sniper vs. Spy update for Team Fortress 2.
Here’s the list:
- Fixed Ambassador not using hit boxes to trace against players. It now works like all other bullet-firing weapons in the game
- Fixed Ambassador shooting through gates
- Fixed Ambassador not critting during the round win period
- Fixed control point not being named correctly on Arena Sawmill
- Fixed cloaked Spies being able to taunt attack
- Fixed Spy feign death not being reflected in scoreboard
- Fixed Jarate effect on DX8 machines
- Fixed rare crash in Spy “A Cut Above” achievement
- Fixed the backpack icon appearing over the “Could not connect to Steam” message in the client inventory
- Fixed German localization string for respawning players showing %1
More details are over on Steam.
While you are there, don’t forget it’s free to play all weekend long and is 50 percent off should you decide to purchase it.
Thanks, LA Examiner.
Tue, May 12, 2009 | 21:33 BST
Valve has announced that another free weekend of gameplay is coming up for Team Fortress 2, and alongside of that, it also announced more updates for the Sniper class.
This ranged class is armed with a hunting bow complete with 18 arrows and a one-second charge for full power shots, all the better to make your enemies look like a porcupine.
According to the site: “You will shoot them and they will stick to the wall and they will die.” Nice.
One headshot from these bowmen can result in an instant critical, and updates include achievements, head-slot items, maps, and three unlockable weapons.
Expect the update to arrive “soon”.
Tue, Apr 21, 2009 | 21:25 BST
Valve released a new update to Team Fortress 2 yesterday. The patch will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
Specific changes include:
- Reworked the character load-out screens to support future features
- Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned.
- Added the ability for players to reset their player stats using the Reset Stats button on the Stats menu. This does not reset achievements.
- Added a “player_teleported” game event that is sent when a player is teleported.
- Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch.
- Scouts now drop the flag if they’re carrying it when they start phasing.
- Fixed instances where Steam connection problems would cause some unlocked items to be unusable.
- Fixed the custom crosshair menu not clearing itself when “None” is selected for non-English clients.
- Fixed warning about not being able to execute skill1.cfg when starting the dedicated server.
Hit the link for more.
Tue, Feb 24, 2009 | 21:35 GMT
Valve’s unveiled the second Scout weapon in today’s Team Fortress 2 update: it’s a double-barrelled shotgun.
Aptly titled Force-a-Nature, it promises to even things against the Heavies, and when fired at the ground gives the Scout a lead-based rocket-jump.
A poll is also over on the official site asking players to pick which Scout update will arrive first: the bat, the gun or the energy drink.
Better hurry on over before it goes live.
Tue, Feb 17, 2009 | 21:53 GMT
Valve has announced a set of new releases for Team Fortress 2, headlined by a Scout Update made available February 24.
Scouts will be able to use a bat that smacks baseballs at the other team: the farther the ball flies before hitting someone, the longer the unfortunate soul will be stunned.
Only flaw is that you can’t double jump when you’re carrying the bat, but like Valve always says: “Double jumping never put anybody in a coma”.
Right you are there.
Full details here.
Tue, Mar 04, 2008 | 07:49 GMT
“Oh, for free, definitely, as much as we can,” said Valve’s Doug Lombardi when asked whether or not there’d be a charge for the content. “You know, we don’t have full say over that, but we have some say over how that works.
“So, for us, for free is the way to go. The gamers play the game, they want to keep playing the game, so we’ve collected their fifty bucks at the start, and once they’re in the park, they can ride any ride they want in the park. So, for us that’s been the philosophy.”
There’s still no date on when consoles will receive the updates, the latest of which was the Badlands map.
Tue, Feb 05, 2008 | 09:20 GMT
According to this, Valve will release a pack containing the new TF2 map “Goldrush” within a month.
“TF2 update: you may’ve heard that new achievements, maps, and unlockable items are on the way,” said the Steam update. “The first map, Goldrush, introduces a new game mode. The BLU team must escort a high-tech mining cart through a series of checkpoints to the RED base within a time limit. The more BLU players near the cart, the faster the cart moves. The cart stops if any RED team member is in the vicinity. We’re balancing the map now; look for it within the month.”
TF2 playes are being a bit spoilt at the moment having only just received a CTF update to a map called “Well”. Just shows how much love Valve has, we guess.
Thu, Jan 31, 2008 | 18:06 GMT