The upcoming open beta for The Division will definitely be different than the one we played last month.
Ubisoft has released an update to The Division closed beta client in preparation for the open beta next week. The update is around 1.6 GB and it adds new content that wasn’t available in the first beta, not to mention a number of key changes to the Dark Zone.
If you still have the closed beta client installed, you won’t need to download it all over again, just update it.
For starters, a new mission will be available, as well as the ability to unlock the Tech wing in the base of operations. This means you’ll be seeing more of The Cleaner faction. You’ll also be able to try out the first Tech skill with the deployable turret.
The Dark Zone got a fair share of changes, however, and it’s by far the most interesting item on the list. Dark Zone chests now have a much lower refresh rate. You’ll also run into more AI enemies in there, and they’re going to be tougher.
Another welcome change is that you won’t instantly go rogue the second you shoot another player, only after doing some damage.
The Manhunt Timer for level 5 Rogue Agents will now pause instead of refreshing. Players who felt going rogue wasn’t worth the risk, will be happy to know that the reward for surviving as rogue has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty.
Another welcome change is that you won’t instantly go rogue the second you shoot another player, only after doing some damage. You will have an warning icon over your head to indicate you fired at another player but are not rogue.
Find the rest of the notes below, and don’t forget: if you’re looking for a group to play The Division, our partners at The100.io have the perfect LFG solution.
- New High End weapons available in the Dark Zone
- Refresh rate on Dark Zone chests has been greatly reduced
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been significantly increased in number
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been buffed slightly
- The Manhunt Timer now pauses instead of refreshing while in combat as a level 5 Rogue
- The Reward for surviving as a Rogue Agent has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty
- The Health Bar for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they actually become Rogue
- A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue
- Dark Zone experience leveling curve has been adjusted slightly
- Disabled the option to transfer Dark Zone brackets as a Rogue (This prevents players using Bracket Transfer as a means to escape after becoming Rogue)
- Removed some ropes that allowed players to reach areas that gave them an unfair advantage
- New Ubisoft Club Action available for participating in the Open Beta unlocking an exclusive reward in-game
- New and improved Tutorial Video
- Tutorial video is now available to view from the Character Select Screen
- Fixed two bugs that allowed players to become invisible to other players
- Fixed an exploit with Ballistic Shield Skill that allowed players to become invincible
- Cheat Detection and Prevention additions and updates
- Fixed mismatch of stats that occurred occasionally between Vendor Inventory and Player Inventory when item purchased
- Adjusted player movement speed while running with a grenade in hand
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused other player’s name and health bar to not be visible in the Dark Zone
- Fixed some Weapon Mods that resulted in incorrect stat values when equipped
- Fixed some weapons that didn’t appear as Contaminated when obtained in the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug with the Reward Claims Vendor that caused stacks of consumables to be decreased under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug with stats display not updating when browsing Vendor Inventories
- Fixed a bug that caused continuous vibration under very specific conditions
- Fixed a very rare bug that prevented players from being able to fire or switch their weapons
- Added mission Dialogue lines in Missing Persons: Heather Lau Side Mission
- Several environment fixes to prevent falling through world issues in specific places
- Multiple stability fixes (23 unique crashes fixed)
- Server optimizations and improvements (players will receive less connection errors now)
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Additional polish & bug fixes too numerous to mention!