Just how much better does GTA 5 look on new consoles? This video shows you

Monday, 16th June 2014 20:58 GMT By Sherif Saed

Grand Theft Auto 5 has been announced for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC last week at E3, and the guys over at Digital Foundry took it upon themselves to compare both trailers for the game to show you just how much better the new version looks.

The video below puts footage from the PS3 version side-by-side with footage from the new trailer

If you’re not into side-by-side comparisons and would rather watch Pat losing it over the trailer, you can head through the link.

Grand Theft Auto 5 is out in the fall for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Panthro

Now I will get to play the game how it was meant to be played, was torture on PS3, with the crazy pop-ins, terrible draw distance, sketchy framerate and low resolution.

#1 6 months ago
  2. undermyrules

if this truly will be the ps4 version then i have serious issues i cant imagine what PC version will look like damn Rockstar…..

#2 6 months ago
  3. TD_Monstrous69

Wow, a real night and day difference.

#3 6 months ago
  4. domnage

This is amazing

#4 6 months ago
  5. ddtd

That’s a lot of traffic on those roads.

#5 6 months ago
  6. fearmonkey

Got to say the differences are huge, and the game looks beautiful. Though I have never loved the GTA series, I’ll give this one a try. I’ll get it on PC first unless I get it cheap or a rental on PS4. I have to admit im curious how they can make it even better with mods.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Untold stories

Really enjoyed the game on the 360. Always said if they port it to next Gen I’ll be buying it for sure.

#7 6 months ago
  8. xXNapsterManXx

I already have it on 360 but I will for sure be getting it again on PC just like GTAIV.

#8 6 months ago
  9. drewbles82

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t come with the dlc to be released. Its GTA, kinda expecting some big DLC

#9 6 months ago
  10. stretch215

I wonder if they’re planning on upping the player count in months. That would be awesome

#10 6 months ago
  11. stretch215

@stretch215 * mp (multiplayer) not months

#11 6 months ago
  12. silkyflash

@ddtd as if trying to drive through the ps3 traffic wasnt hard enough..now i have to weave through even more

#12 6 months ago
  13. Dog4life

i’m not a fan of so called HD remakes but….
    I’m impressed, that’s really quite a positive difference !
    especially the vegetation looks much richer and more detailed, and the traffic ! Light effects… much richer city.

The OW king is back and looks better than ever.

Watchdogs go home , you’re drunk !

#13 6 months ago
  14. Reddpayn

@undermyrules
    I can answer that, almost the same if you havent got a 3tflops gpu and a strong processor, which lead to a fact that the price is something around 1200€, which is 3x more expensive than a ps4 but the difference be even 2x better, so not worth it.

#14 6 months ago
  15. Reddpayn

@undermyrules
    I can answer that, almost the same if you havent got a 3tflops gpu and a strong processor, which lead to a fact that the price is something around 1200€, which is 3x more expensive than a ps4 but the difference be even 2x better, so not worth bragging about.

#15 6 months ago
  16. VTchitcherine

My most anticipated game for the last three years. I simply cannot wait for the moment after installing it on the PC and playing through the prologue to be let free, jump into a car and just drive with no particular destination or goal in mind.

The enhancements here are also genuinely laudable.

#16 6 months ago