Bayonetta 2 & Monolith’s X still set for Japan and Western release in 2014

Thursday, 8th May 2014 10:27 GMT By Dave Cook

Bayonetta 2 and Monolith Software’s RPG project X are still on track to launch this year in Japan and the west, according to a newly-updated release schedule posted by Nintendo.

bayonetta_2

It follows Nintendo’s financial report, which revealed a new 3DS NFC peripheral, that enables gamers to scan action figures into their games, along with a new Mario Kart 8 smartphone app and more. Hit the links for more details.

Now, CVG reports that as part of Nintendo’s financial briefing, the firm slated Bayonetta 2 and X for release in 2014. This applies to Japan, North America and Europe.

We’ll have more on both games once it drops. Stay tuned.

1. Luciferous

X and Bayo 2 are two games that would get me buying a Wii U.

I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment.

Give me a time frame on the new Zelda and a new Metroid (with a better voice actress for Samus if they go that route)

#1 7 months ago
  2. Luciferous

Which i just realised won’t happen because they are using the same actress for Smash Bros… Maybe she’s improved, because it was her delivery that made Other M almost unplayable for me.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Sam Malik

@Luciferous Have you seen Japanese drama? That monotone voice was suppose to make her strong and while she was properly represented in Japan the strong attitude was lost in translation as they attempted it to mimic it rather than use the Western équivalent.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Luciferous

@Sam Malik Yeah, it is odd how that approach works for the Japanese, but when used with an English speaker it sounds like an eight year old reading in front of the class.

The same thing would probably work with Germanic languages, I think it has something to do with the flow of the spoken language.

#4 7 months ago
  5. mistermogul

Can’t wait to see more of X. Hopefully this will help me justify more my ownership of my Wii U!

Also would love a Metroid Prime sequel, Wave Race, Pilotwings (a proper one, not a demo like on 3DS) and of course new Zelda please Nintendo!

#5 7 months ago
  6. ManuOtaku

Both are very pro hardcore games, it might help them, with that target audience, but when they do release more nintendo titles it will be an overall package.
    Probably Gamers will see worth on getting a wiiu late in his lifecycle, which is both, good and bad at the same time.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Moonwalker1982

I’d love for Monolith’s RPG to come out this year, but i doubt this. if that’s the case, we’ll see a lot of it during E3.

#7 7 months ago
  8. salarta

Being entirely honest, I ALMOST bought a Wii U last week, purely because I was in the store, it was right in front of me, it cost $200 and it came with two (Mario) games already packaged into it. But then I looked at the shelves and realized the only Wii U game I actually want to play that’s out right now is Super Mario 3D World. Once Bayonetta 2 and X come out, I might pick up a Wii U.

#8 7 months ago