Battlefield 4 “Death Shield” game-breaking bug discovered

Monday, 14th April 2014 10:12 GMT By Dave Owen

Yet another bug has been uncovered in Battlefield 4, related to an invisible hit box that can block projectiles and prevent a kill being made. It was discovered by YouTuber Jack Frag, and there’s a video to demonstrate.

It stems from reviving players with the defibrillator. In multiplayer there is a short window after death when a player can accept a revival. This bug makes it so that if a live player stands behind a player waiting for revival, it acts as a shield, blocking bullets and even tank shells. The video makes it a little more clear.

A DICE QA lead has now said that they’ll be looking to fix the bug as soon as possible.

Thanks, MP1st.

1. matirishhh

Well…there is only one way to comment on this
    D – DELIVERS
    I – INCOMPLETE
    C – COMPUTER
    E – ENTERTAINMENT
    Long time ago (BF3) I decided not to buy any DICE experience within at least one year from being released, otherwise I will be just another game tester…

#1 9 months ago
  2. Obernox

Blame EA not Dice. Game was obviously rush to compete with CoD.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Panthro

Both are to blame, stop defending either side.

EA may have set a short deadline but DICE should have organised said time appropriately and delivered on a playable experience.

#3 9 months ago
  4. El_MUERkO

Still, over six months after launch. I wonder if they have the nuts to announce BF5 at E3.

#4 9 months ago
  5. NocturnalB

6 months later and I’m still blown away by how big a train wreck this game became, it was probably in my top 2 most anticipated games then. I was genuinely saddened when I finally got my hands on it. I don’t understand why it turned out the way it has.

#5 9 months ago
  6. TERMINATOR-SSD

BuggyField………this is why i dont support any EA games anymore,

#6 9 months ago
  7. RocknRolla

@matirishhh Aah for fucks sake people like you really need to shut the fuck up yeah? one bug and you start crying wtf??? show me ONE game I fucking triple dare you to show me ONE game that is completely bug/glitch free? now very carefully think about your dumbass comment and learn for the future comments… This was a free and healthy advise for you …

#7 9 months ago
  8. Panthro

@RocknRolla

You sound like you have been living under a rock, the game was a buggy mess at release and is still considered by many people to be unfinished and poorly developed.

He is obviously speaking about the game as a whole and not just about this one bug.

#8 9 months ago