Watch Dogs video discusses Nvidia Technologies implemented into PC version

Thursday, 10th April 2014 17:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Watch Dogs has a new video available discussing the Nvidia Technologies implemented into the PC version.

According to the video description, during the last year of development, the team worked closely with Nvidia in order to “create the most vivid and breathtaking Chicago possible,” for the PC version. It’s below. Watch Dogs releases on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One May 27. The Wii U version is still expected at some point.

1. fearmonkey

That looks lovely, alot more like the initial reveal trailer. Im looking forward to the console vs PC comparisons

#1 7 months ago
  2. Hcw87

Protip: It’ll look far better than the console versions.

Glad i got a 780ti, was deciding between that and a r290x.

#2 7 months ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

Well I was planning on getting this on PS4, this trailer may have changed my mind…

#3 7 months ago
  4. Panthro

@Hcw87

Protip: The hidden GPU in the xbox one disagrees, once they tap into the extra 10% power it will look better on the xbox because optimisation.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Panthro

@KineticCalvaria

How?

#5 7 months ago
  6. Mike W

@Panthro

Lol, you still believe there’s a hidden GPU in the XBO?

#6 7 months ago
  7. Hcw87

Ofcourse there is a hidden GPU, have you been living in a cave the last few months?

It’ll be announced at this years E3, and it’ll boost the TFlops of XB1 from 1.2TFlops to 11.5TF (it secretly has the R9 295X2 prototype hidden inside it). I read it on a blog. I don’t see this turning out to be false at all.

#7 7 months ago
  8. Mike W

@Hcw87

We all hope something we can customize will look better than something that is fix…..

#8 7 months ago
  9. Mike W

@Hcw87

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I’ve believe Dave posted an article back in March that was confirmed by Penello that there’s no hidden GPU in the XBO:

#9 7 months ago
  10. Hcw87

He’s obviously lying, they want to surprise people at E3. You heard it here first.

#10 7 months ago
  11. Mike W

@Hcw87

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or serious……In any this news will be huge if it was true.

Also, MS will definitely not wait to no fucking E3 to announce something like this.

#11 7 months ago
  12. mxmassef

Now they show the night gameplay which ofcourse looks great but the day gameplay looks as bad as in the previous trailers :) .

#12 7 months ago
  13. Reddpayn

Its a shame that the graphics are still bad during some scenarios, like the buildings look like sh#t. Some of the lightning and reflection effects are nice though

#13 7 months ago
  14. Panthro

@Mike W

I have a cousin who works at Xbox and he told me this and he never lies and neither do I so this is legit and you can trust me the Xbox One actually has 7%-51% untapped potential that they are keeping as a surprise for the next E3 time, NOW PASS ME THE DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW AAAWWWGGHHH THIS TAPOUT SHIRT IS TO TIGHT.

#14 7 months ago
  15. mxmassef

@Panthro
    7% untapped potential seems plausible :)
    But if it wuold have 50% more potential why havent they told about that before. It makes no sense. And if that is true they have lost hundreds of thousands consumers to sony because they kept that as a secret.

#15 7 months ago
  16. TheWulf

And it still manages to look too clean to be a real, human city. This is why I prefer stylised approaches, because it allows them to add more clutter. I’ve seen Gamecube games (like Ultimate Spider-Man) that have more clutter in them than Watch Dogs does.

Until you can capture the clutter and detritus of life, it’s going to continue looking like sterile, oblong blocks. No amount of effects spamming is going to change that. We’re just not at a point where we can display these things realistically, yet.

#16 7 months ago
  17. Rockstar Vienna

That lightning looks pretty unrealistic imo. It’s all over the place, like a bright filter. But overall the game looks pretty nice. But not a day one game for me.

#17 7 months ago
  18. undermyrules

RIP Watch dogs console version 2014-2014… bye

#18 7 months ago
  19. par30game

#19 7 months ago
  20. Reddpayn

@undermyrules
    Pretty bold statement i reckon. What about pc`s that dont use nvidias gpu`s?

#20 7 months ago
  21. kisame

with the new nividia driver im beginning optimistic over this yeah yeah i know is an ubisoft game

#21 7 months ago
  22. BoB

@7 Didn’t laughed so hard for a long time. That was really a good one. 11TFlops , thats like one and a half Titan-Z. That thing would melt in seconds, so i assume that was a sarcastic joke. A good one though.

#22 7 months ago
  23. undermyrules

@Reddpayn If you think that TXAA and HBAO+ will make some difference in whats already there you dont know shit about graphic…..i will play with amd 7850 but my point was that even without those nvidia features game still look 10x beautifull graphicwise than “next gen” xD

#23 7 months ago
  24. Reddpayn

@undermyrules
    Im sorry but my ps4`s 1.84Tflops gpu (hd7850-7870) will be able to run this game better than your 1.76 Tflops hd 7850.

#24 7 months ago
  25. thunderrun

I’m no expert
    I do see significant difference between PC version and consoles’. Good for PC gamers.
    But I fail to see significant difference between what is shown in this video and what I’ve seen in Metal Gear Solid GZ or Infamous SS. I mean there are some cool features and all are optimized for that kind of hardware.
    Is it really impossible to deliver every features that are currently absent in console versions on them ?

#25 7 months ago