Watch Dogs PC gets wind, water & lighting tech video – watch

Wednesday, 2nd April 2014 09:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Watch Dogs has received a PC tech video that shows off Ubisoft’s lighting, wind and water tech. The clip also bears a label that it is the PC edition running at 1080p, although Ubisoft has yet to confirm this.

It follows a long list of new Watch Dogs details spilled by Ubisoft’s Jonathan Morin on Twitter. Hit the link to see what he said.

Thanks Computec & pcgameshardware

As you can see, the clip shows off several techniques, such as NPCs that become damp as rain falls, lighting that streams around buildings and more. We’ve contacted Ubisoft to clarify the origin of this clip, and to see if it is up for official release soon. Stay tuned.

Via EvilGamerJ.

1. undermyrules

ouch!

#1 7 months ago
  2. undermyrules

rip Watch Dogs console version 2014-2014

#2 7 months ago
  3. TheWulf

Ouch. That framerate drop is ugly.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Erthazus

What a load of bullshit Ubisoft.

This game looks like a game from 2008-2009 at best. Even GTAV looked better at some parts in current gen consoles. NPC’s in this game are dolls and not a believable pedestrians around you. Their animation is clunky and “blergh” at that lightning.

this game does not even have HBAO. Ugly trash.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Erthazus

@Erthazus *Lighting… Lol lightNing xD

#5 7 months ago
  6. Bomba Luigi

TheWulf: Framerate Drop? you mean while “Zeitlupe” is standing there, I guess. Thats just German for Slowmotion.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Tormenter

I’m more interested in the gameplay, the last thing I heard was about the delay because the devs considered the whole thing far too repetitive and a couple of months doesn’t seem enough to fix a problem that’s baked in at the ground floor. Shinies don’t make up for that.

#7 7 months ago
  8. mistermogul

@TheWulf – Isn’t the framerate related to the video capture? I hope it is otherwise it is very poor like you said…

I hope this turns out well but I can’t shake the feeling that it’s going to be quite shite!

#8 7 months ago
  9. jomac3db

Looks good to me. Hope ps4 can match that

#9 7 months ago
  10. undermyrules

@TheWulf there is a difference bettween slow mo effect and actual framerate drop my young padawan

#10 7 months ago
  11. jomac3db

@undermyrules U mean x1 version. Ps4 will look just as good

#11 7 months ago
  12. thedzfromcirta

@jomac3db Well, it is a trailer made on a PS4 Dev Kit….

#12 7 months ago
  13. Reddpayn

Attention everyone!
    This gameplay footage is not from pc. It actually is ps4 footage. Neogaf journalist can clarify this matter. Also when comparing this footage with the previous ps4 gameplay one can notice that the difference is only slight which also indicates the fact that this footage is really ps4 footage.

#13 7 months ago
  14. Tormenter

@Reddpayn

If that is the case than why is this being passed off as PC footage, when to ‘admit’ the truth would actually be beneficial to all involved parties?

#14 7 months ago
  15. CPC_RedDawn

@TheWufl

I think you will find that wasn’t a frame rate drop at all that is more than likely them slowing the video down so you can take in the differences in visual quality. Seen as the video is uploaded at 30fps I very much doubt there are drops on PC that are that low. I mean, they probably used a super high end PC to run this on anyway.

All in all it looks better than the story trailer we got a while back, I am getting this for PC and as long as I can run this maxed out @ 1080p and get a rock solid 30fps I shall be happy. Minus all the Nvidia crap that will get thrown in there lik TXAA, and PhysX which for me ruin games in general.

#15 7 months ago
  16. Mike W

The game still look good guys…….sheesh

#16 7 months ago
  17. Reddpayn

Thedzfromcirta has a link to my source. After all though, i still dont know if this truly is ps4 or pc. Im just speculating and causing some havoc :)

#17 7 months ago
  18. Tormenter

@Reddpayn

Havoc FTW.

#18 7 months ago
  19. Gekidami

It looks good, for a cross-gen game… Because, you know, thats what it is; a game made to run on last gen hardware too. Its effectively a last gen game.

#19 7 months ago
  20. Ghostly

Guys, this is not PC footage, is Playstation 4 devkit. They released this, like four hours ago. IT”S NOT PC.

#20 7 months ago
  21. Rockstar Vienna

Come on VG247, we need that edit button back. Especially people like “undermyrules”.

#21 7 months ago
  22. Panthro

@CPC_RedDawn

Optional effects ruin games for you?

TXAA is just a performance light method of Anti-Aliasing, how on earth could that ruin the game for you?

#22 7 months ago