Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition update 14 launches today – full patch notes
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition developer 4J Studios is rolling out the game’s 14th update from today, and as always there’s a long string of patch notes detailing all the new changes.
- Emerald Ore
- Block of Emerald
- Ender Chest
- Tripwire Hook
- Enchanted Golden Apple
- Flower Pot
- Cobblestone Walls
- Mossy Cobblestone Walls
- Wither Painting
- Baked Potato
- Poisonous Potato
- Golden Carrot
- Carrot on a Stick
- Pumpkin Pie
- Night Vision Potion
- Invisibility Potion
- Nether Quartz
- Nether Quartz Ore
- Block of Quartz
- Quartz Slab
- Quartz Stair
- Chiseled Quartz Block
- Pillar Quartz Block
- Enchanted Book
New features and tweaks
- – Added new recipes for Smooth Sandstone and Chiseled Sandstone.
- – Added new Mobs – Zombie Villagers.
- – Added new terrain generation features – Desert Temples, Desert Villages, and Jungle Temples.
- – Added Trading with villagers.
- – Added Anvil interface.
- – Added sideways log placement.
- – Changed placement of half blocks and other blocks on half blocks.
- – Changed placement of upside down stairs and slabs.
- – Wooden Buttons and Wooden Pressure Plates can be activated with Arrows.
- – Can dye leather armor.
- – Can dye wolf collars.
- – Can control riding a pig with a Carrot on a Stick.
- – Added different villager professions.
- – Villagers spawned from a spawn egg will have a random profession.
- – Furnaces can use wooden tools as a fuel.
- – Ice and Glass panes can be collected with silk touch enchanted tools.
- – Nether mobs can spawn in the Overworld from Portals.
- – Creepers and Spiders are aggressive towards the last player that hit them.
- – Mobs in Creative mode become neutral again after a short period.
- – Remove knockback when drowning.
- – Doors being broken by zombies show damage.
- – Ice melts in the Nether.
- – Cauldrons fill up when out in the rain.
- – Pistons take twice as long to update.
- – Pig drops Saddle when killed (if has one).
- – Sky color in The End changed.
- – String can be placed (for Tripwires).
- – Rain drips through leaves.
- – Levers can be placed on the bottom of blocks.
- – TNT does variable damage depending on difficulty setting.
- – Book recipe changed.
- – Boats break Lily Pads, instead of Lily Pads breaking Boats.
- – Pigs drop more Porkchops.
- – Slimes spawn less in Superflat worlds.
- – Creeper damage variable based on difficulty setting, more knockback.
- – Fixed Endermen not opening their jaws.
- – Added new Host Options for flying, invisibility and invulnerability for remote players.
- – Added teleporting of players (using the player menu in-game).
- – Furnace will return an empty bucket when fueled by a bucket of lava.
- – Updated Bonus Chest content with more items.
- – Added new tutorials to the Tutorial World for new items and features.
- – Updated the positions of the Music Disc Chests in the Tutorial World.
- – Updated all texture packs and mash-up packs with new TU14 additions.
- – Changed the gray wool texture for City Texture Pack to be more like a road surface.
- – Fixed a crash with Maps in Item Frames which happened when players were in the Nether or The End
- – Fixed Chest locks showing through walls at a distance
- – Fixes a couple of crashes related to the player’s banned level list
- – Some lighting fixes
- – Fix to Blazes so they go on fire before shooting fire charges
- – Fix to allow drinking milk in Creative mode
- – Fix to allow split screen players to see Splash Potion particles
- – Fix to stop the held item being replaced with the first item in the Quick Select on exiting The End.
- – Fixed an issue with throwing an Ender Pearl while travelling to The Nether or The End
- – Fixed the active time for Wooden and Stone Buttons.
- – Fixed a crash with Dispensers and Fire Charges
- – Fixed a crash with local profiles in the Help & Options menu
- – Corrected the leaves obtained using silk touch on Jungle trees
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 reviews go live – critics shoot down The Birdman
Street Fighter 5’s final all-new character is Laura
Quake, Wolfenstein classics now available on GOG
You know you want a Destiny Engram stress ball
Batman: Arkham Knight PC won’t be back till the end of October
The map in Just Cause 3 is 1,000 square kilometres
Oculus Rift’s $350+ price tag due to ‘a lot of technology beyond DK2′
Destiny Gear Manager now in closed beta
Rocket League: Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC drops this month
Fallout 4 dev team: “We empower people to do what they love”
Xbox Live sign-in issues under investigation
Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris return to Destiny in October
Home Free is an open world game about being a stray dog and it’s on Kickstarter
Trackmania Turbo release moved from November to early 2016
Humble Bundle announces new monthly sub service called Humble Monthly
Here’s a DICE playtest video for this fall’s Battlefield 4 Community Operations DLC
The Beginner’s Guide from The Stanley Parable’s Davey Wreden is out today
Activision working with Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 devs to fix its many issues
Fallout 4 Season Pass available for pre-order on Xbox One “stay tuned” for PC, PS4
UK residents can obtain a full refund on defective digital products by law
This Minecraft: Story Mode trailer introduces you to the The Order of the Stone
Zangief is coming to Street Fighter 5 – check him out
SOMA has already sold 92,000 copies across all platforms
You can now pre-order Star Wars Battlefront digitally on Xbox One
This GTA 5 mod contains the smallest production car ever made
Augmented pre-order plan for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided cancelled
Two more Xbox One bundles announced, one is Cirrus White with Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Everything you need to know about PlayStation VR: 100 prototypes, screen fidelity, motion sickness and more
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection reviews are in, all the scores
OpenCritic is a games-only Metacritic rival that aims to change the way we look at review scores
Mirror’s Edge soundtrack composer returns for Catalyst
Dota 2 playerbase actually declined in September, massively
PlayStation VR: developing games with “full-on action is pretty tough”
Scalebound design was in the works for years, had two cancelled prototypes
Yes, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate will have microtransactions
Top 10 moments from Destiny: The Taken King
Final Fantasy 15: Episode Duscae’s auto-switch weapon system has been axed
Nvidia launches HD streaming games service for Shield devices
Journey Collector’s Edition bundle out now
Super Smash Bros. Wave Four DLC includes Mii Fighter costumes, Pirate Ship stage
Prison Architect has already earned $19M
Man with vested interest in selling discs says they’re never going away
Visit beautiful Finland in latest free DiRT Rally update
Check out StarCraft’s Lt. Morales in Heroes of the Storm
Destiny PSA: don’t collect your Armsday orders from the inventory screen
“I’d like to see” Gran Turismo PS4 support VR, says Yoshida
Destiny: The Taken King – where is the Sleeper Simulant?
Some hard to find amiibo will be restocked in North America “soon”
Rainbow Six Siege beta has been extended to October 4
Two players have hit max Light level in Destiny: The Taken King
Twisted Pixel is once again an independent studio
Destiny: The Taken King hotfix performs a bit of housekeeping
In Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 the lines between humanity and military tech are blurred
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter ends with over $2 million in funding
Here’s your PS Plus games for October, Driveclub PS Plus Edition leaves catalog Oct. 6
Over 75,000 people attended EGX 2015 last week
Latest Xbox One bundle announced, comes with The Lego Movie Videogame
Sony would “like to see” a sequel to The Last of Us as much as everyone else
This Fallout 4 video shows you how to ooze Charisma and charm the Wasteland
The Sniper Elite series has sold over 10M units over the last 10 years