The Last of Us 2: Baker would come back if asked, series is “not a money grab”

Friday, 7th March 2014 12:42 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last of Us star Troy Baker has confirmed that he’d jump at the chance to come back, should Naughty Dog press on with a sequel.

It follows confirmation that ideas for The last of Us 2 and other IP are being brainstormed at Naughty Dog right now. You can also check out my The Last of Us: Left Behind final impressions here.

Speaking with IGN, Baker said, “Of course [I'd come back]. What I love again is they’re not going to tell a story if they don’t have one to tell. The Last of Us is not a money grab. Left Behind, that DLC, is something that was very very specific and served a purpose. I loved it, I thought it was two of the best hours of gameplay that I’ve had in a long time.

“If there’s a role for me in something in the future to do with The Last of Us, absolutely I would do it, twice on Sunday.”

Would you like to see The Last of Us 2 happen, or is it fine as a standalone experience? Let us know below.

1. Mike W

Yea I would, the story was excellent. But honestly I want to see more types of the infected if they were to make the sequel. For the people who got the art book (like me) you willnoticed they were different types of the infected.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Fethennour

Depends on the story. I loved The Last of Us, and I loved Left Behind, so I would be glad if a sequel was developed, but it must have a strong story, to work. If that’s the case (we’re talking about Naughty Dog, after all), then yes, a The Last of Us 2 would be much appreciated.

#2 6 months ago
  3. zoopdeloop

I think there will be a sequel or a successor of TLoU but i don’t think it will be called The Last of Us 2 or even named after the first

#3 6 months ago
  4. BeenThere_DoneThat

Last of Us didn’t impress me. Suckish !

#4 6 months ago
  5. Djoenz

@zoopdeloop
    The Last of You and Me.

#5 6 months ago
  6. DeVitowned

Troy Baker is definitely in my top three favorite voice actors, including Nolan North and the guy who did the voice for Spike Spiegel (man changes his name every other day).

#6 6 months ago
  7. fihar

I wouldn’t mind another story set in the same universe.
    I don’t want to see post-TLOU Joel (or Ellie for that matter) in the next game though. I’d rather they just leave those two alone.

#7 6 months ago